We are looking for a trainee consultant who will support the agency’s teams that work with our global health clients. The role includes monitoring of health issues (legislative and non-legislative across a very wide range of issues including Universal Health Coverage, SDGs, NCDs, NTDs, TB, falsified medicines, antimicrobial resistance, etc.), conducting background research, managing social media output, campaign and/or event management, media relations support, overall support to more senior staff members. The trainee consultant would be a key part of our team, and will be involved in a wide range of activities, attend events, and will given as much ownership as is possible for the projects he/she undertakes.
- Previous experience/traineeship in a global health related field – either working in an UN or EU institution, campaigns or patient group, PDP or PPP, business or not-for-profit body;
- Perfect command of English; additional language skills are an asset;
- Advanced research and writing skills and ability to quickly summarise complex issues;
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work in a team whilst carrying out own tasks independently;
- Flexibility, enthusiasm, ability to work under tight deadlines in an international environment;
- Knowledge of UN system and in particular WHO, WIPO, WTO or the EU institutions and legislative processes AND/OR knowledge;
- Passion for current developments in health affecting the innovation, patient groups and health professionals;
- Demonstrated experience using social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook) for campaigning, maintaining, providing metrics;
- Availability of 6 months (possibility to be hired for a long-term contract afterwards);
- Permission to work in Belgium.
- Strong preference for candidates that can demonstrate experience with drafting opinion articles for media;
- Knowledge of health media outlets.
Salary: 1200€ net/month
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org