The Program Officer I for Business and Human Rights under the Civic Engagement & Social Equity (CESE) unit provides strategic guidance and program management for Winrock’s global portfolio of programs to address child labor and human trafficking.
In particular, the person selected for this role will manage two projects funded by private sector focused on reducing child labor in agriculture supply chains in four countries. The selected candidate will have a particular focus on integrating the private sector perspective into our work and work to advance work with private sector stakeholders to achieve Winrock’s mission.
The position will include coordinating and monitoring project activities on a daily basis, budget management, developing program reports and other deliverables, communicating with field staff, and liaising with donors. This includes pursuing new opportunities for funding and partnership both through public sector and private sector channels. The role requires frequent international travel to countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
- Promotes programming strategies that go beyond individual beneficiary-level impacts to promote systemic change, ownership, sustainability, and scalability. Identify and tap into emerging business leadership and industry trends in social, economic and environmental sustainability, impact investment, shared value, and cross-sector partnerships for global development.
- Serves as home office project manager for assigned projects, ensuring full programmatic and administrative support for CESE programs.
- Works with the project team to develop project strategies, work plans, budgets, and reports.
- Reviews and approves wire requests and field financial reports, liaising with Winrock’s Operations and Finance teams.
- Tracks and monitors programs as assigned to ensure they are fulfilling deliverable and performance requirements.
- Manages information dissemination and communication among relevant parties, including project teams, internal groups, and external audiences (such as donors, partners, and other stakeholders).
- Builds and maintains relationships with donors and other stakeholders, submitting regular reports and responding to their requests.
- Participates in new business development by contributing to and leading proposals related to CESE’s areas of expertise as well as those in other units as needed. Advances the pursuit of non-traditional funding sources to grow and diversify programming and funding models with a specific focus on engaging the private sector.
- Represents Winrock at external events, nationally and internationally.
- Conducts other relevant tasks as assigned.
- Supervises staff as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s level degree required, public policy, international development, economics, business or a related field, Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in business and human rights issues, especially in an international development context;
- A minimum of five years’ program management experience;
- Experience providing technical and administrative support and oversight to project teams on corporate, foundation, and/or US Government-funded projects;
- Significant experience working in or with the private sector on social and/or environmental initiatives;
- Relevant experience and knowledge of public-private partnership-related international agencies in emerging markets and/or the U.S;
- Demonstrated success in conceptualizing, leading, writing, and winning major proposals, especially with the private sector, USAID and other USG entities;
- Proven experience in program implementation;
- Extensive field work in developing countries (Africa/Asia/Latin America strongly preferred);
- Demonstrated experience with child labor, female empowerment and/or gender equity, a plus.
- Experience working effectively across a broad range of cultures and geographic areas; required;
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of how businesses operate, how they are structured, how priorities are established and how decision are made;
- Ability to demonstrate the highest level of ethical standards at all times;
- Effective use of Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint) Skype and other technologies essential to doing business;
- Adept at project planning, budgeting, management and financial analysis, and problem solving;
- Proven capability in proposal writing and knowledge of quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation methods;
- Consultant and contractor recruitment, partnership development and management;
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks while ensuring quality output;
- Must be a team player with good interpersonal skills;
- Diplomacy and ability to translate diverse perspectives into common agendas/actions desired;
- Ability to balance compliance, attention to detail, creativity and timeliness;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills English is required; ability to work effectively in Portuguese preferred.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org