Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the core values in their day to day operations.
IRI’s Center for Global Impact (CGI) serves as the Institutes innovative, collaborative and coordination hub focusing on global cross cutting themes. The CGI analyzes global challenges and trends and state of the art in the field of democracy and governance to provide expertise, resources and a competitive edge to our regional divisions for maximum program impact. CGI leads several communities of practice including corruption, youth, monitoring, evaluation & learning, social science research, legislative, governance, countering violence extremism and technology, among others.
The Center for Global Impact (CGI) Associate is an entry level position for program work at IRI and provides administrative and programmatic support for current and developing programs.
- Undergraduate degree in political science, international relations or related field.
- 1-2 year of experience in international development or related field.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required.
- Excellent writing, research and communication skills.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provides general project management support including developing and tracking work plans, monitoring deadlines and deliverables, and other relevant project-related elements
- Tracks and follows-up on pending procurement requests, approvals and monitoring once approved.
- Maintains budget trackers and liaises with accounting staff to manage and update project budget pipelines based on expected and planned expenses.
- Drafts quarterly, semi-annual, final and other relevant reports for funders.
- Compiles and facilitates submission of contract packages.
- Serves as point of contact for procurement solicitations and compiles submitted materials to facilitate the evaluation process.
- Maintains project site and documents.
- Provides logistical support for meetings and events.
- Liaises with vendors and contractors to support project goals and deliverables.
- Supports CGI’s communication strategy including branding and outreach plans on projects assigned, including drafting and updating program summaries and other outreach materials, drafts web stories, tweets, etc.
- Supports other staff in CGI to reach programmatic objectives and deliverables.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelors or better in Political Science or related field.
Wxperience in international development or related field
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org