At PAI, we are motivated by one powerful truth: a woman who is in charge of her reproductive health can change her life and transform her community. PAI is a global organization that champions policies that put women in charge of their reproductive health, including access to contraception, and safe and legal abortion. PAI achieves this through a 50+ year presence in Washington, DC, advocating with those who drive policy change, and defend against policies that harm women and girls. We also make it possible for local civil society organizations throughout Africa, Asia and Latin America, to access the funding, training and partnership they need to achieve policy change in their own local context. We are simultaneously on the front lines and in the background, focused first and foremost on the impact our work has on the lives of women and girls around the world.
The contribution of our 40 experts and staff is multiplied by an exemplary board of directors, and further leveraged by the work of partners in more than 17 countries. We pride ourselves on a strong set of institutional values that prizes excellence, teamwork, integrity and mutual respect. We hold firm our commitment to people, and as such we offer a generous benefits package, great work/life perks, and a flexible environment in which each individual is supported to be their best selves.
We are seeking a dynamic, strategic, motivated individual to join our International Advocacy team as a Project Manager. Under the supervision of the Vice President of Policy & Advocacy, and working closely with the Policy & Advocacy teams, the Project Manager will help design and implement a PAI project that supports civil society organizations in sub-Saharan Africa to mobilize government funding for family planning/contraceptives, and track budget execution to make sure allocated funding is spent as planned. The project is the continuation of an existing two-year project ending in March 2015. Hiring of this position is contingent on the invitation to submit a renewal proposal with an anticipated start date in April 2019.
ssential Duties and Responsibilities
- Project Management: Ensure that the project work plan is implemented in an efficient, effective and timely manner; ensure project milestones are achieved within a given timeframe; manage and monitor the project budget; oversee implementation of monitoring and evaluation plan; Work with senior staff at PAI to provide strategic direction for the project; collaborate with the Communications Department in targeted outreach re this project, as well as in the development of project materials for PAI’s website; collaborate with the Development Department in reporting to donors on progress; manage internal and external meetings related to the project; manage relationships with external partners and consultants relevant to the project
- Grants Management: Manage small grants process within the project including monitoring and communicating with current grantees who are closing out activities on the grant ending March 2019. For the next phase of the project, responsibilities include drafting of the request for proposals, vetting and review of proposals, coordinating the award of funding and monitoring and communicating with the grantees
- Fundraising: Under the direction of the Vice President of Policy & Advocacy and in close collaboration with the Director of Foundation Relations and Policy & Advocacy team members, lead the proposal development process for the next phase of this project anticipated to run April 2019-March 2021. This includes co-creating project objectives, activities, developing the budget and leading assigned aspects of the writing and revision process.
- External Representation: Represent PAI using consistent PAI messaging, build strong collaborative partnerships with colleagues in other organizations and coalitions and provide subject matter expertise externally at domestic and international conferences, meetings, events, and coalitions as needed.
- Events: Plan, execute and facilitate events and meetings with external and international partners as needed in order to achieve project success.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's degree and 5+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Oral and written fluency in English and French
- Ability to travel internationally at least 30% time
- Strong knowledge of health financing, development, transparency, and governance issues in sub-Saharan Africa
- Knowledge and/or experience working on budget advocacy for health a must; contraceptive and commodity security and supply chain a plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage and implement multi-country projects in a timely, efficient and successful manager
- Team player with a sense of humor, collaboration and creativity
Please submit a cover letter, resume and a short writing sample by October 31, 2018. PAI is an equal opportunity employer and a family-friendly organization offering a competitive benefit package.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org