The Chatham House Middle East and North Africa Programme is seeking a Project Manager. The position will start in January 2019. The duration of the appointment is 24 months, renewable subject to funding.
The purpose of the role is to lead all aspects of the Programme’s delivery of project outputs and high-level events; contribute to project fundraising and proposal development; build and maintain relationships with department and project stakeholders; and support projects’ outreach strategy. The role is likely to involve some international travel. Could this be the role for you? If so, please read on.
This is a dynamic role for someone with impeccable organizational and interpersonal skills who can meet multiple priorities simultaneously. You will be proactive, dedicated, flexible, and at ease with meeting tight deadlines. You will also be a self-starter, capable, and keen to form an integral part of a diverse team.
- Project management;
- Project proposal development;
- Finance management;
- Event delivery;
- Communications including social media.
- You will have a degree in a relevant topic and a long-term interest in issues relating to the Middle East.
- Experience of managing and leading large and complex projects, including detailed budget management and donor reporting;
- Proven experience in supporting the successful delivery of a wide range of outputs, including high-level events and publications;
- Experience of managing costs, budgets and suppliers;
- Experience of designing workshop agendas to meet research objectives;
- Experience in contributing to funding applications, designing budgets and articulating a case for support;
- Evidence of team working and demonstrable ability to build strong working relationships.
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to interact with a wide range of people;
- Strong writing skills and social media skills;
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to complete a number of tasks at a time from start to finish to a very high standard to tight deadlines;
- Proactivity with the ability to use initiative and decision-make effectively under pressure;
- Ability to pay exceptional attention to detail;
- Proficiency in Arabic.
Desirable Experience and Skills
- Experience in the development and implementation of a monitoring and evaluation strategy, framework and systems;
- Experience of delivering projects internationally;
- Excellent process planning skills;
- Demonstrable ability to think critically and constructively.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org