General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
This position supports the Government Affairs Department in developing strategies that maximize the exportability of products and services, while facilitating the USG approval of key capabilities for international pursuits. This includes proactive mitigation of the release of critical technologies frequently restricted from export, navigation of DOD technology security & foreign disclosure processes, and formulation of GA-ASI positions on regulatory reforms pertaining to export controls.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop internal policies and procedures to address all technology release/export requirements early in program planning to prevent international program delays.
- Communicate USG technology release and export community feedback, guidance and disclosure/export action plans.
- Support the enterprise in ensuring international pursuits align with USG technology release and export community processes and requirements.
- Collaborate with strategic development (SD) and programs teams to ensure proper regulatory and USG support is acquired for international endeavors.
- Lead technology release program planning to expedite USG approval, minimize negative license positions, and prevent program shortfalls due to short notice/late international requirements.
- Pre-coordinate international pursuits in advance of export licensing requirements with USG technology release and export communities (NDPC, DDTC, DSCA, DTSA, SAF/IA, NIPO, DASA DE&C, TSC, TSFDO, etc.)
- Identify and facilitate approval of all technology release issues associated with enterprise products (LO/CLO, AT, EW, GPS/PPS, COMSEC, National Disclosure Policy, etc.)
- Lead planning meetings with USG disclosure/export control community to address foreign disclosure and export control requirements for major program initiatives.
- Ensure international pursuits, transfers of technology, goods and services are aligned with U.S. foreign policy and national security objectives.
- Attend program reviews and business development meetings to provide regulatory and TSFD policy guidance.
- Communicate with internal and external customers to gather the required documentation for technology release
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Bachelor’s Degree in international affairs, public policy, or a field relevant to successful performance of the essential functions of this job description.
- Must possess a minimum of 10 years experience in foreign military sales, defense trade, and/or compliance. Additional education may substitute for years of experience.
- Must possess a strong working knowledge and experience with import and export regulations and export licensing practices.
- Must possess prior experience working defense trade in the USG or defense industry technology release position
- Demonstrated strong familiarity with export control regulations, National Disclosure Policy, FMS processes and USG Export Policy, TTSARB and TOPLINE formulation
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must possess proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office.
- Self-starter with the ability to meet or exceed deadlines, prioritize, multi-task, and maintain flexibility in fast-paced, changing environment.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org