This is a great opportunity to understand the workings of an influential think-tank and develop your skills and experience. You will gain an understanding of policy areas, whilst gaining greater in-depth knowledge and expertise in the fields of climate and energy (1), and health (2), and have the chance to learn, give your input, and contribute to the dissemination of information through debates, working groups and publications.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Assisting in and supporting programme managers with the organisation, delivery and follow-up of events (drafting event proposals, invitations and programmes, contacting speakers, preparing moderators’ briefings and pre-reading materials, registering and assisting participants, drafting and sending evaluation questionnaires, on-site support etc.);
- Researching and writing briefings on EU and global policy challenges in the field of energy, climate and health;
- Researching speakers and authors for our debates and articles;
- Providing input to developing programme content for our events, planning publications and requests for articles;
- Developing and keeping-up-to date databases (e.g. entering data, creating mailing lists, etc.);
- Engaging in work across the organisation and supporting the Leadership team as required.
- Relevant university degree (for example relating to energy, climate, health or general social policy; politics, European studies);
- English as a mother tongue;
- Interest in event organisation;
- Excellent writing skills and editing skills;
- Knowledge of and interest in energy, climate, health and more generally European and global affairs;
- Research experience combined with good analytical skills;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools;
- A highly-motivated personality –well-organised and be able to meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a team and with minimum supervision;
- An interest in working for a think-tank.
- Knowledge of social media and information platforms to gather key content.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org