The Foreign Policy Research Institute (FPRI) is a non-profit, non-partisan think tank located in the heart of Philadelphia. Our mission is to bring the insights of scholarship to bear on the foreign policy and national security challenges facing the United States. We seek to educate the public, teach teachers, train students, and offer ideas to advance U.S. national interests based on a nonpartisan, geopolitical perspective that illuminates contemporary international affairs through the lens of history, geography, and culture.
FPRI is seeking an entry-level Membership Assistant and Bookkeeper to help with the day-to-day administrative and financial operations of the organization. The position will combine elements of membership cultivation, development, accounting, reception, and administrative support. He or she will report to the Director of Finance and Director of Administration and Development of the organization.
Membership and Development:
- Serve as a point of contact for the organization’s members
- Build and maintain the organization’s membership database
- Execute all membership-related activities
- Accept, record, and acknowledge membership donations
- Update membership information as needed (address, emails, etc.)
- Prepare daily, monthly, and quarterly reports for management
- Prepare and distribute the annual tax-deduction letter to members, partners, and other contributors
- Carry out membership-related correspondences and mailings to encourage renewals and upgrades
- Create, update, and maintain the quarterly print and electronic subscription lists for Orbis: FPRI’s Journal of World Affairs, and serve as the publisher’s point of contact
- Conduct relevant research on foundation and individual prospects for general operations, capacity building, projects, and more
- Assist with the processing, depositing, and recording of Cash Receipts
- Assist with processing payments to vendors via checks, wires, electronic funds transfer, and PayPal payments
- Assist in posting transactions to the accounting software (currently Quickbooks)
- Other finance and accounting duties as assigned
Other Administrative Duties:
- Answer the main office phones and direct callers to proper staff as needed
- Welcome guests and visitors to the office
- Distribute incoming mail to office staff
- Assist the administrative staff with other tasks as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Self-starter with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively in a small, cross-functional environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other relevant programs
- Proficiency with accounting software such as QuickBooks and/or donor management software a plus
The Foreign Policy Research Institute offers a generous and competitive benefits package. Salary commensurate with education and experience. Please include any salary requirements when applying for this position.
Please email resume and a cover letter by applying below.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org