My client is a highly regarded Membership Body seeking an Economic Policy Advisor to join their close-knit, fast-paced and sociable Policy and Public Affairs team in Westminster, considered the heart of the political capital in the UK.
The Economic Policy Advisor for one of the most prominent and well-known organisations operating in the Employment and Skills sectors, will lead on research, monitoring, analyses and reporting on the sector's economic rationale and developments, and will also entail a large representational presence within committee and working groups, as well as externally with government and all other stakeholders.
- Priority one of the role is to provide an economic underpinning to the organisations Policy work, ensuring all policy outputs are evidence-based and an accurate reflection of industry statistics
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders of all levels, e. Government, Parliamentarians, senior stakeholders from membership base etc.
- Analyse the economic impact of regulatory and government policy decisions effecting the sector
- Writing policy briefs, articles and reports- responding to relevant consultations and information requests
The successful candidate will require:
- Education to degree level in Economics - Economics with a Political focus is desirable, e.g. BSc Economics and Policy or Economics and International Relations
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Familiarity with sources of economic statistics from UK and international trade bodies
- Sound understanding of the political environment and processes in the UK
- Strong understanding of the use of MSOffice systems and/or other reporting and analysis tools is essential
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org