We are looking for an intern to assist in the organisation of DIGITALEUROPE’s policy outreach activities. This is a great opportunity for a hands-on, enthusiastic and well-organised individual to learn the trade of lobbying by supporting a team that is working on some of the most exciting policy issues of our time.
The prospective candidate will join the policy team from January to June 2019 and will report to one of our Policy Directors.
- Conduct desk research to create/update stakeholder databases and gather policy-relevant information;
- Support the organisation of meetings, agendas and presentations;
- Support policy team in communications to members and external stakeholders, including by helping to write relevant DIGITALEUROPE newsletter articles.
- You hold a university or university-level degree or are in the process of completion;
- You have an interest in EU public affairs, communications or lobbying;
- You are fluent in English; knowledge of French/German is considered a plus;
- You are IT and web literate.
- You are very organised, have a natural sense of structure and time estimation;
- You are hands-on, highly motivated, friendly and approachable;
- You are prepared to work flexible and undertake additional duties;
- You can schedule your own workload and achieve targets and deadlines;
- You have good editing and proof-reading skills;
- You have strong analytical skills, attention to detail and a results-driven mindset;
- You can conduct desk research and contribute information to policy papers.
Interested candidates should send a CV and a cover letter by 12 November at the latest. Interviews will take place the following two weeks. Based on the volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org