Job Title: Program Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Direct reports: Country-level staff
Duration: 6 months
Opening Date: 25 October 2018
Closing Date: Until filled
Start date: As soon as possible
CSI Organizational Profile
Center for Social Integrity (CSI) is a non-religious, non-political, non-profit organization established in 2016 to respond to the current need for Myanmar people to strengthen and promote a culture of social cohesion, peace building, protection and ability to tackle humanitarian crisis.
CSI-Bangladesh is committed to empowering the Rohingya refugee community by building the capacity of refugee youth in subjects including leadership, democracy, community development, advocacy and community mobilization. Our community-led model is designed to enable refugees themselves to spearhead implementation of CSI’s protection, peace building, education, and humanitarian response programming. Since the mission launch in October 2017, CSI-Bangladesh’s projects have gradually evolved towards longer-term capacity building and leadership development initiatives supporting the rehabilitation and resilience of Rohingya refugees.
As the CSI-Bangladesh mission enters the post-start-up phase, we are seeking a highly capable program and people manager with strong experience in program design, strategy and high-level oversight to help drive our program model into a longer-term country program strategy. We’re seeking a committed individual to lead and support our core network of youth volunteers. The Program Coordinator will frequently engage with key country-level stakeholders including donors, partners, and local authorities, with the ability to cultivate strong and lasting relationships. Strong understanding of the local and cross-border context will contribute to the Program Coordinator’s ability to effectively oversee programs. Strong people management skills and the ability to collaborate with both in-country staff and head office-based colleagues will prove essential.
Roles and Responsibilities
Program Strategy, Design and Development
- Support CSI Executive Director in development of an integrated short-term and long-term country program strategy;
- Work closely with Executive Director and technical leads in the development of relevant programming frameworks;
- Ensure programs are designed and implemented in accordance with sector best practices and CSI program framework;
- Monitor ongoing in-country and cross-border (Myanmar-Bangladesh) refugee context as well as political, economic and social landscape of Bangladesh to adequately support in adjusting CSI’s country strategy;
- Promote excellence in programs through ongoing programmatic and strategic support for field-based program staff, including the development of M&E systems;
- Build capacity of program staff in the areas of program development.
Program Management and Oversight
- Ensure the effective planning and implementation of the different phases of the project cycle in accordance with the timeframe, budget and quality defined in the project proposal;
- Conduct field visits to project areas to ensure proper and timely implementation of project activities in line with donor compliance standards and senior management/consultant recommendations;
- Work collaboratively with project and finance staff to prepare and track the progress of project and activity budgets;
- Support in development/revision of IEC materials, curriculum and toolkits for training sessions;
- Ensure that program implementation is managed closely through the development of structured work plans, indicator tracking and monitoring plans;
- Ensure fulfillment of budget-holder expectations;
- Supervise the effective distribution and utilization of project materials;
- Set performance objectives with all direct reports and conduct scheduled performance evaluations;
- Ensure that all direct reports complete the performance management cycle with their own direct reports;
Fundraising, Donor and Partner Engagement
- Working in close collaboration with the Executive Director, proactively identify in-country opportunities for new programming initiatives and funding to support them;
- Support in analyzing the country’s donor landscape, trends, needs and gaps;
- Strategically identify and cultivate relationships with prospective project partners in accordance with CSI’s program and partnership framework;
- Develop fundraising documents (be it Expressions of Interest/Concept Notes/Proposals) in line with CSI country strategy and donor requirements in close collaboration with the Grants and Partnerships Coordinator (GPC);
- Ensure that new proposals promote high quality programming by responding to identified needs, and include log frame, theory of change, and development of SMART indicators taking account recognized best practices, minimum standards and lessons learned from earlier programs;
- Support adherence to all donor compliance and due diligence requirements;
- Provide leadership to ensure timely and high-quality progress reports reflecting the progress and status of projects in a transparent, timely and professional manner as per CSI and donor guidelines and in close collaboration with GPC and Finance Team;
- Convene grant review meetings where program performance is reviewed and corrective action taken as needed and promote program integration;
- Attend regular in-country meetings with donors and partners.
- Take overall programmatic financial responsibility including preparation of cash forecasts;
- Trace and regularly monitor budget utilization rate with the assistance of program support and finance staff;
- Ensure all project expenditures are in line with donor requirements and relevant CSI policies and procedures;
- Support financial clearance by each responsible person to ensure project activities are completed on time.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Regular monitoring of indicator tracking table and quality of project progress; provide technical assistance for troubleshooting needs when needed;
- Submit monthly progress report and annual report including activities, work completed, challenges, expenses and financial situation to Executive Director;
- Lead comprehensive program reviews including mid-term reviews, final evaluations, and assessment;
- Ensure that lessons learned are well documented and transparent;
- Report on emergency incidents and occurrences without delay to Executive Director;
- Provide narrative or brief report to Executive Director following attendance at meetings, workshops, seminars or trainings;
- Ensure project expenditures are monitored and corrective action is initiated and tracked where required.
Representation and Coordination
- Represent CSI in interagency coordination meetings, cluster meetings and NGO consortium meetings and other coordination forums at national and regional levels;
- Coordination with other departments to benefit from potential synergies and implement the project in accordance CSI guidelines;
- Serve as focal point in liaising with government authorities at local level and central level based on guidance of Executive Director;
- Act as Officer-in-Charge during the absence of Executive Director;
- Perform any other duties assigned by Executive Director.
Qualifications and Requirements
- University degree with a minimum of 5 years of working experience in related field (preferably peace building and social cohesion) with NGOs and INGOs;
- Experience in senior management roles, program and project cycle management;
- Experience in capacity building, development of training curriculum and training evaluations;
- Data analysis, monitoring and evaluation, and narrative reporting skills;
- Proposal writing and donor reporting skills and experience; knowledge of donor compliance standards;
- Working knowledge of budget development and management;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of local context, culture and customs;
- Excellent English language skills (especially written and spoken English);
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite);
- Willingness to travel to project field sites regularly;
- Problem-solving skills, negotiation skills and team management skills;
- Strong networking skills;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Experience in coordination and collaboration with government sectors and authorities;
- Ability to speak local languages is an advantage;
- Ability to efficiently deal with competing priorities under deadlines.
Please email your cover letter and curriculum vitae mentioning the position to which you are applying in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so early submission is encouraged.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org