The senior influencer community manager will work with foundation colleagues and partners to grow and build our nascent influencer communities. The primary body of work will focus on our community of Goalkeepers: a small, highly influential group of emerging leaders in global locations. This group is using their actions and their voices to accelerate progress against the Global Goals: goals that aim to improve health, education, equity and other issues around the world.
As this work is new, the right candidate will have the opportunity to define and evolve the foundation’s approach to engaging with these communities. Successful candidates will have experience working with and building global, influential communities.
- Acts as the primary day-to-day contact point for members of our influencer communities. Facilitates a relationship between the foundation and community members through transparent, honest, responsive and timely communications.
- Works with influencer lead to develop audience engagement strategy for both Goalkeepers and other influencer communities. Proposes new creative tactics to better engage audiences.
- Working with a diverse team of colleagues in many locations, contributes to planning run-of-show and audience experience for both online and offline influencer events, including small-scale dinners, virtual hangouts and webinars, and larger day-long gatherings.
- Directly updates and manages Goalkeepers and other influencer digital channels, including email tool, community platforms, and select social media accounts. Participates in these channels and community conversations by responding to comments, soliciting ideas, and providing encouragement and feedback.
- Engages in regular conversations with Goalkeepers community members to keep up-to-date on their activities as it relates to Goalkeepers and to inform how the foundation might expand its community offerings.
- Regularly checks analytics of various tools, and uses insights to make adjustments on the fly.
- Works closely with IT and vendors on use of CRM, including infrastructure development, contact updates and management.
- Working with measurement team, synthesizes, summarizes and shares data and outcomes to internal and external stakeholders to highlight achievements and milestones and inform future planning.
Leadership and Culture
We believe that energized people, working well together, fueled by great leadership in an inclusive environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal things.
The qualified candidate will have an empathetic, listening-forward approach to community management, paired with strategic knowledge of community best practices. S/he will be passionate about our issues; up-to-date on digital-first communications techniques; and be committed to analyzing and improving upon our performance. Global experience and/or secondary language highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in managing influential communities, preferentially communities with a history of inspiring action and advocacy among its members
- Familiarity with CRM and email marketing tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience crafting wide range of event experiences for offline and online community engagement
- Social media and digital communications experience, including writing and creating content for these channels
- Ability to both think strategically and implement on a tactical level
- Understanding of social media and community measurement frameworks and experience applying these to evaluate work
- Excellent organizational skills, especially in managing projects with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to travel up to 15% to any of our international offices (e.g. Africa, India, China, U.K.) as well as domestically within the U.S.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required or other advanced degree preferred. Areas of study include Political Science, International Relations, Marketing, Communications or related fields.
- At least 7+ years relevant experience, at least 3 to 5 of which include managing and building global communities with online and offline components
Reports to: Senior Communications Officer, Campaign, Creative, and Digital
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org