Eurodad (the European Network on Debt and Development) is a network of 47 civil society organisations (CSOs) from 20 European countries. Eurodad works for transformative yet specific changes to global and European policies, institutions, rules and structures to ensure a democratically controlled, environmentally sustainable financial and economic system that works to eradicate poverty and ensure human rights for all.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to lead a cutting-edge development finance network. You will lead Eurodad’s growing team to deliver specific yet transformative policy changes on critically important development finance issues, including: tax justice; effective aid; ending debt crises; publicly-backed private finance; investment treaties; climate finance; and financial sector rules. You will ensure that the organisation is well run, has stable and sufficient resources, and that the Eurodad network expands and develops.
- A people-focused leader, able to support, guide and coach colleagues, helping personal development, while ensuring a focus on delivery of objectives;
- An organisational developer, able to guide and support all aspects of a leading development finance network and a high-performing organisation in expansion, including governance, finance, fundraising, and human resources;
- A policy and political change expert, able to identify and define specific but transformative policy changes, and work out how to deliver them;
- An excellent communicator, with highly developed and convincing presentation skills, allied to a first-class ability to write for a variety of audiences and with a very high standard of spoken and written English;
- A sophisticated network builder with strong connections and diplomatic skills to facilitate meetings and processes to build strong strategic alliances, and secure agreement by diverse participants;
- Organised and efficient. Ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
- Educated to at least master degree level in political science, economics, development studies or related subject;
- Experience working in a developing country and/or working with organisations from the Global South;
- Fluent French, Spanish;
- Computer literate and familiar with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Substantial experience in creating policy change working with civil society organisations, including developing and implementing advocacy or campaigns strategies, working to influence the media, other CSOs, officials, politicians and other
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org