With an eye towards strategy and a strong background in grants management and institutional giving- the CONSULTANT will play a pivotal role in managing and supporting a strong revenue base of private foundations and governments. This role will also routinely interact with the Development team that generates individual support.
The CONSULTANT will provide essential management for our institutional fundraising portfolio (foundations, governments and multilateral entities). This work will include development for WRC’s fundraising strategy, the development of proposals; undertaking prospect research; taking part in donor cultivation; management of grant reporting process; writing/editing of grant reports; and processing grant agreements, modifications and other donor required documentation. This role is expected to be a part-time (3-4 days a week), temporary assignment that is expected to last approximately 5 months however it could be extended depending on WRC’s grant portfolio needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide overall support to:
- Senior Management in the development of relevant strategies for pursuing funding and business development opportunities;
- Collaborate with staff from all departments and programs including Legal and Finance to ensure cohesive strategy development and implementation of strategies across the organization.
- Lead in the development of a portfolio of complex and strategic proposals by:
- Providing overall coordination (including adherence to proposal development workplans and timelines);
- Proposal writing, review and editing;
- Ensure adherence to donor and solicitation requirements for all aspects of the proposal including budgets, supplemental materials, and program design.
Grant Opportunities and Donor Cultivation and Stewardship
- Assist with drafting correspondence; preparing materials and packages for meetings; coordinating meetings; and making sure donors are aware of WRC news and events;
- Research grant opportunities and donors (foundation, government, multilateral, and corporate);
- Identify and research new sources of support and preparing donor and prospect briefings;
- Track grant opportunities on a regular basis and disseminate as appropriate in a timely manner.
- Manage the grant reporting process for assigned grants, including working with program staff to make sure submission of quality and timely reports;
- Facilitate grant award (“best and final offer”) negotiations, this may include negotiation of terms and conditions of grant awards and revisions to grant proposals, budgets, and budget narratives;
- Negotiate and liaise with partner agencies during proposal development (supporting teaming agreement negotiation and execution), and during grant implementation (to ensure timely report inputs/deliverables).
- Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Excellent computer skills: facility with MS Word, Excel, and email/internet software. Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising software preferred;
- Experience with U.S., foreign government and foundations grants required;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: the ability to communicate and liaise effectively and diplomatically with colleagues across the organization;
- Demonstrated writing skills: the proven ability to successfully conceptualize, write and edit proposals and reports. Must be able to communicate nuanced programmatic details and contexts;
- Solid organizational and time-management skills: the ability to plan for and manage multiple projects while working in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment with strict deadlines and competing priorities;
- Must be self-motivated and possess an entrepreneurial attitude, strong work ethic, flexible style, and able to work independently as well as a team player;
- Demonstrated interest in international development, human rights, social justice, or U.S based immigrant communities a plus.
To apply, please send a cover letter with your resume and salary requirements.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org