The Executive Assistant (EA) manages the administration, communications, and logistics needed to support THIS for Diplomats’ mission. She/he is equally responsible with the Program Manager (PM) for oversight of all office operations. The EA is responsible for management and coordinates meetings of the volunteer leadership, Executive Board, Advisory Board, and the Diplomatic Advisory Board. In addition, the EA plays an important role in THIS’s financial/budget management and collaborates in the planning of Development and PR campaigns. The EA is responsible for updating and maintaining the About THIS portion of the website. She/he works closely with and reports directly to the President of THIS.
Specific areas of responsibility Include:
In collaboration with the President, facilitate the responsibilities of the presidency, provide assistance as necessary:
· Maintain communications with embassies, the State Department Office of Protocol, THIS volunteers, Executive Committee, and both Advisory Boards, including preparation and distribution of correspondence.
· Prepare and send agendas and any other supporting materials for Executive Committee, Steering Committee, General Membership, Annual Membership, Advisory Board and Diplomatic Advisory Board meetings. Send meeting announcements, attend these meetings, present oral and/or written reports as needed and record, edit and distribute meeting minutes.
· Provide support to Chairs of Administrative Committees and chairs for special events including distribution of letters and coordination of mailings, managing office support, and attend meetings as needed.
· Update the EA manual and assists with the President’s manual.
· Maintain a record of President’s visits with ambassadorial spouses.
· General administrative support to the President including meeting scheduling, and editing, formatting and distribution of correspondence such as fliers and embassy national day letters.
2. Management of the Office
· Personnel Management:
o Process and record all the financial arrangements.
o Oversee arrangements for meeting rooms for volunteer meetings or programs.
o Recruit intern positions. For Program Manager, conduct interviews with President and committee of officers; for interns, conduct interviews with PM.
· Support the President and the Development Chair in their fundraising efforts
· Provide support to President and Chairs of fundraising events for printing of invitations, mailings, event staff and vendor payments. Ensure that donor acknowledgment of in-kind and monetary contributions adhere to IRS policies.
· Ensure THIS is registered in all states where solicitations for donations are being made and coordinate with registration consultant and accountant so all requirements are met.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS
· Experience with QuickBooks or similar software
· Customer service/external relations
· Strong writing skills
· Experience with Google Applications, especially Calendar and Docs
· 1+ years of administrative experience
· Ability to work independently
· Associates degree and 2+ years of experience OR Bachelors degree and 1+ year of experience
· Some experience with Microsoft Excel
· Experience with Microsoft Outlook
· Some experience with Mailchimp or other mass emailing software
· Note-taking experience
· Interest in international affairs/global studies/citizen diplomacy
· Customer oriented approach and patience
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and references. Those who do not follow instructions will not be considered for this position.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org