Rutgers Global is the university-wide international affairs office, serving all three Rutgers campuses and RBHS. Rutgers Global promotes and advances Rutgers as a globally engaged institution through study abroad and service-learning abroad programs; immigration processing for international students, faculty, and scholars; academic support services for international students; international partnership facilitation; and on-campus events and programming on issues of global import and consequence. Rutgers Global is comprised of several units: Global Partnerships, Study Abroad, International Students and Scholars Services; China Office, Professional Development and Training, and International Academic Support. Together, those units serve as a gateway to leveraging programs in the international arenas across the university and ensuring that they are delivered at the highest level of excellence.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Program Coordinator I (PC I) for Rutgers Global. The Program Coordinator I, reports to the Assistant Dean for International Academic Support. This position supports the Assist Dean in developing and implementing academic success strategies for international students (undergraduate and graduate). The PC I coordinates existing international academic support programs, and helps create new programs, based on the needs identified by various schools and units at all three Rutgers campuses. Those programs will provide the much-needed academic support, and enhance Rutgers-wide efforts to increase international student retention – a key priority for the university leadership.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
• Responsible for overseeing, planning, organizing, administering, and coordinating multiple facets of programs and projects with international academic support focus that are taking place on campus.
• Identifies new partnerships to leverage capacity of other schools and units to scale innovative initiatives.
• Conducts needs assessment and assist with identification and design of academic support programs for international student.
• Manages all domestic and international events, including travel arrangements, venue selection and reservation, event invitations, travel itineraries, briefing packets and other logistics.
• Coordinates visa processing with for senior Rutgers faculty and administrators for international travel.
• Creates presentations, educational and marketing materials for major high profile international and domestic events.
• Responsible for timely preparation of all Travel and Business Related Expense Requests and ensures its compliance with university operational policies and procedures.
• Executes all programs accurately and effectively to the best professional standard.
Minimum Education and Experience
• Requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in education, student affairs, counseling, international study, management, psychology, or an appropriate related field
• A minimum of two years of program development or major event planning experience in higher education institutions, or other similar organizations.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Demonstrated management and communication skills in large and comprehensive higher education or other analogous organizations
• Kowledge of general curricular elements and structure (e.g., courses, prerequisites, major and minors)
• Requires sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural, political, and geographical differences, with an ability to work with faculty, staff, and students from around the world
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Experience with writing and editing for multiple platforms (web, social media), public relations, or marketing
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint; IE/Firefox/Chrome internet browsers
• Use of personal vehicle in order to travel for business demands; a valid driver’s license would be required for this position.
• Master’s or PhD degree in education, student affairs, counseling, international study, management, psychology, or a related field
• 6 years of program development or major event planning experience in higher education institutions, or other types of equivalent organizations preferred.
• Adobe Creative Cloud software including Acrobat, Publisher, Photoshop and In-Design, is preferable
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org