The Country Manager will oversee and ensure high quality execution of all programs and operations of CHAI’s PNG office, act as a trusted advisor to government and partners. S/he will have deep personal commitment to producing results, the skills to problem-solve and navigate political situations, and optimism even in the face of daunting challenges. The Country Manager will report to the Vice President, Southeast Asia Pacific, and collaborate with the local Senior Advisor and with global program teams.
This position also acts as the “Safety Point Person” for all staff members based in and traveling to PNG. Responsibilities include the implementation of policies related to security in close partnership with the Global Safety & Security Department; the oversight of staff activities, including field travel; management of local external relationships and information networks; maintenance of local documents and resources; and the management of incidents affecting the wellbeing of staff members, from critical to minor. Training and support will be provided by the Global Safety & Security Department.
This role requires travel to remote regions with limited infrastructure and medical care.
- Enbody the CHAI Values, approach and mission;
- Ensures the implementation and completion of high-quality programs at the strategic and implementation levels in collaboration with the Senior Advisor, regional leadership and global team staff;
- Manage all financial, operational and administrative aspects of CHAI’s PNG office, including monthly cash flow and financial reporting, cash and salary allocations, budget forecasting and planning, and overseeing completion of accurate and timely accounting reports to CHAI Boston and donors;
- Represent CHAI externally and act as a trusted advisor to government and with partners;
- Execute specific programmatic initiatives and work with program staff to ensure all programs are implemented effectively;
- Model a strong work ethic and demonstrate leadership by providing support to all members of country team, managing human resources and ensuring compliance with all government, donor, and CHAI policies;
- Communicate regularly with CHAI staff at the regional, global, and headquarters levels for all matters;
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Master's Degree in a health, business, or related field; or
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of work experience with increasing levels of responsibility and leadership;
- Excellent business-oriented English written and oral communication skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Respectful of and ability to thrive within local cultures and styles;
- Experience in program management, strategy development, planning, and project implementation;
- Ability to work independently without extensive structural or operational support;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and delegate work;
- Ability to be effective in high-pressure situations and work in a fast-paced, multicultural environment;
- Ability to achieve maximum efficiency and impact with limited human and financial resources;
- Strong mentor, manager, role model and team player who demands 100% performance from self and entire team.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org