We are an international business communications consultancy – a partnership – specialists in reputation, influence & engagement. We work with our clients to ignite multiple & complex audiences through deep insight, expert storytelling & creative delivery. We employ over 450 people across Europe, Asia, Africa, North America & the Middle East, acting for over 850 clients across the globe, from large quoted multi-national corporations to SMEs just starting out on their journey
We are currently recruiting an “EU Advocacy and Communications Assistant” to join our Brussels Public Policy team to start in January. The position is remunerated (under a convention d‘immersion professionnelle contract) and is for an initial 6 months period subject to extension. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to the team by researching and monitoring political issues and implementing external communications projects.
- Conducting research on policy issues and regulatory structures
- Drafting reports, providing summaries, updating legislative databases
- Contacting institutional officials
- Attending conferences and events to network and report back
- Executing and monitoring event registration, including preparation of event invitations, sending and follow-up
- Supporting the implementation of external communications projects
- Assist in drafting the new content and editorial strategy
- Administrative tasks (answering phones, welcoming guests, supporting Office Manager)
- Academic background in European studies/political science / international relations Social Sciences or any other relevant field
- Prior internship experience with an EU institution / consultancy / trade association is an advantage
- Excellent research and communication skills
- Proficiency in English and at least in one other EU official language (preferably Spanish, German, Polish, Swedish)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Perfect command of Twitter and LinkedIn
- Graphic design skills and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, as well as knowledge of CMS (WordPress in particular), will be considered a strong asset
- Strong motivation to learn and work in European Public Affairs
- Awareness of political parties, major political issues and their dynamics in the EU and its Member States
- Well-organised, sociable and pro-active attitude
- Contract Information: Full time, Fixed term contract initially for 6 months (37.5 hours per week worked during normal business hours).
- Right to Work Requirements: The role holder must have the right to work in Brussels.
Our success is underpinned by our four key values:
- Blaze a Trail – We push boundaries and set the pace within our industry;
- Move Fast – We anticipate change and respond quickly;
- Always Connect – We combine skills, experience and perspectives that unite people and organisations; and
- Keep it real – We are open, fair and authentic, always listening and understanding before we respond.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org