Reporting to the Program Director, the Assistant Program Officer supports and assists in the daily administration of the Alfa Fellowship Program for outbound participants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Program Management -
- Assists in facilitation of the Alfa Fellowship Program under the guidance of the Program Director, including: processing and filing applications, maintaining participant and alumni databases, health insurance enrollment for participants, logistical support for participants' travel
- Assists in the coordination of all marketing activities and represents the Alfa Fellowship Program at events, job fairs, and conferences. Provides support for the production of marketing materials, direct mailings, as well as for online marketing including social media
- Maintains the alfafellowship.org website
- Assists with organizing events: the annual selection interviews, orientation seminar and alumni events
- Supports budget administration and overall timeline tracking. Inputs expenditures and maintains an overview of the program budget. Requests checks and transfers per Cultural Vistas accounting protocols.
- Assists in the coordination and monitoring of fellows' language instruction
- Provides information and support to partners in the Moscow office, as needed
- Other tasks as assigned both for the Alfa Fellowship Program and other outbound departments as time allows
- Client Relationship Management -
- Provides superior customer service through phone/email/mail communications with internal and external stakeholders including applicants, participants, alumni, and domestic and foreign stakeholders
- Is knowledgeable about and stays up-to-date on visa regulations in Russia and Cultural Vistas policies and their applications; educates participants about the regulations and policies as pertains to them
- Ensures smooth processing of applications and clear messaging with participants, alumni and partners
- Provides support to the Alfa Fellowship Alumni Association
- Is knowledgeable about and stays up-to-date on Cultural Vistas insurance policy and how that pertains to participants
- Professional Development -
- Develops and maintains industry knowledge by seeking out educational workshops, classes and related publications
- Takes proactive approach to improve business functions and workflow within departments
- Works in accordance with the mission, goals, values, and strategic direction of Cultural Vistas
- Stays up-to-date on relations with Russia through media, panel discussions and other relevant events
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Advanced understanding of program management with ability to implement projects; developing understanding of budget
- Demonstrated experience with event planning for high-profile audiences
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workload, organize, and make decisions in a deadline sensitive environment
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate outcomes and problem solve
- Strong analytical skills, good judgment and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain proactive, flexible, inventive approach
- Possess commitment to professionalism and communicability
- Ability to provide excellent customer service for both internal and external customers
- Ability to exhibit a collegial attitude and excel within a collaborative team working environment
- Strong ability to communicate effectively within a multi-cultural environment and with people from diverse cultures and countries
- Strong personal commitment to continual professional development
- Interest in and commitment to the mission of Cultural Vistas
- Russian language skills and experience in the region
- Familiarity with the German language and some in-country experience preferred
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Marketing experience
- Adobe Creative Suite and Content Management Systems (CMS) website experience a plus
Computer Equipment and Software Experience Required:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite products. Prior CRM experience (Salesforce), Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress a plus.
Education and Experience Required:
- Education: Bachelors degree required; International Relations, Business, Education, Russian Studies, Political Science or other related degree preferred.
- Years of Experience: Minimum of 2-3 years of administrative, customer service, client relations management or program management experience required. Previous work or academic experience in Russia required.
Physical Demands of Position:
- Domestic and international travel may be required. Work on weekends, holidays, and evenings may be required.
Please click here to apply.