The Senior Producer is responsible for making a documentary, magazine A Senior Producer role can include overseeing the day to day operations the editorial, technical and legal/compliance standards of the Network. or discussion programme, whether shot in the field or in the studio. online. and transmission output of a range of documentary strands, maintaining It can also include commissioning and acquiring content for tx and
• Deputizes for the Executive Producer.
• Initiate and research proposals for documentary, magazine or arranging travel, accommodation and equipment, booking contributors, discussion programmes. camera and technical crews, conducting interviews and directing researching interviews and recruiting freelance staff
• Organise production of programmes, including planning shoots, material and graphics into exciting and informative programmes, working
• Produce programmes in the field or the studio, including directing presenters Structure and script specially shot footage, archive closely with video editors. segment to document sourcing and rights information
• (Senior Producer) Act as series producer supervising all aspects of
• Submit Programme as Completed forms for each documentary magazine series the production of a number of documentary or magazine programmes in a
• Oversee transmission output of the strands/series from early stage to on screen, liaising with all relevant parties to resolve problems and managing the workflows of team members to this end.
• Working closely with the Executive Producer, oversee delivery of editorial vision for the strands/series which supports the channel’s and the Network’s programming strategy and oversee its delivery at various stages up to and including on-screen and online. strands/series (in-house production, commissioning and/or acquisition)
• Contribute centrally in the planning and sourcing of content for the and the staff and budget required individual programmes or series in line with the editorial vision and
• Manage the development of proposals for the content of some sourcing plan acquisition of some content for the strands/series to the highest
• Manage the in-house production, external commissioning and/or possible creative, professional and ethical standards.
• Ensure all programmes are delivered on time, within budget and in compliance with all relevant technical and legal standards. bring expertise to the whole team to develop skills.
• Coach and mentor Assistant Producers, Researchers and interns and
Minimum Bachelor Degree in Journalism, Media, Communication or other related fields.
Minimum 7 years experience in TV or related fields as Producer, on or magazines) factual programmes of an appropriate type (documentaries, discussions
• Directing and producing factual programmes in the field and/or in the studio • Researching, booking and conducting interviews • Scriptwriting • Structuring long-form narratives • Project planning
• Wide knowledge of current affairs • Wide, up to date knowledge of documentaries, discussions or magazine publishers shows • (In some cases) Knowledge of how to deal with hostile environments, • Knowledge of Ofcom regulations and legal dangers for broadcasters and including first aid • Knowledge of one or more languages other than English is desirable
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org