DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNTING
Founded in January 2015 by investigative journalists, data scientists, and former members of the US intelligence and regulatory communities, Sayari technology and data products support a wide array of government, financial sector, and multinational clients in over a dozen countries on five continents. We are building world class SaaS products that help our clients glean insights from vast datasets that we collect, extract, enrich, match and analyze using a highly scalable streaming data pipeline.
Our Director of Accounting is a new position and will join the management team reporting into the Chief Operating Officer. You will lead the accounting and financial operations and transition the accounting function in-house, evolving systems, automating and streamlining processes.
We look for critical thinkers who are excited about joining a growing company and taking ownership of initiatives.
- Lead the annual budget planning process and work in partnership with the executive team to produce financial analysis and forecasting that optimizes resource allocations, stewards fiduciary assets, and enables strategic decision making.
- Build and manage regular reporting to the executive team on financial analysis including trending, variance analysis, and interpretations based on the results.
- Transition all accounting functions from an outsourced partner and build out in-house capabilities to form a first-class accounting department.
- Manage the accounting function and oversee all related day to day accounting operations and month-end close procedures.
- Evaluate all current accounting processes and procedures, identify gaps, design and implement improvements in systems, processes, internal controls and efficiencies.
- Lead the annual financial statement audits and tax returns working with our external accounting consultants and auditors.
- The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek guidance as appropriate.
- A passion for problem-solving, strong business acumen, intellectual curiosity, and comfort with ambiguity.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration is required; Public accounting experience and CPA license is preferred.
- 7+ years of progressive experience (preferably in the technology industry) with 2+ years of management experience. Strong accounting knowledge (US GAAP) is a must. Experience leading accounting functions, managing and developing teams.
- Experience with generalized enterprise level accounting systems (Quickbooks and NetSuite preferred). Passion for leveraging technology to automate processes and systems. Track record of implementing accounting systems and improving accounting processes.
- Strong project management skills and ability to work independently and push forward.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate in a structured fashion effectively across departments.
We believe diversity and inclusion mean our team members should reflect the diversity of the United States. No employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, genetics, or political affiliation.
Interested candidates may email their resume to [email protected]