Reporting to the Chief of Party, the TB Advisor will lead the project in engagement and partnerships between public and private sector to contribute to quality TB detection and treatment outcomes. S/he will lead the review of existing private sector strategies and work closely with national (public) stakeholders to develop and implement new strategies and pilot innovative private sector activities. S/he will advise the National TB Program (NTP), work closely with the Revised National TB Control Program (RNTCP) and other relevant government departments to develop new programs based on international best practices and experience. S/he will also provide guidance and technical support to develop private sector governance and management tools to promote sustainability and institutionalization of interventions.
The position shall be based out of New Delhi, India. The recruitment is subject to modifications based on the actual release of solicitation and approval of USAID.
- Provide technical guidance to the intermediary organizations that will coordinate services in the private sector in India;
- Lead adaptation of existing RNCTP national training curriculum for use in training private providers in the program;
- Lead implementation of referral system within the private sector network and to/from the private sector as necessary;
- Serve as the main point of contact with technical experts in the private sector, especially from the project and with the RNTCP staff;
- Contribute to the activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan, including gathering and analyzing data;
- Participate in technical working groups on infectious diseases;
- Supervise other technical staff on the project;
- Collaborate with RNTCP staff, other partners and liaise with the key stakeholders to share information and learnings;
- Monitor implementation of planned activities through periodic consultations, monthly progress review meetings, reports review, and field trips.
- Advanced degree in public health, international affairs, economics, business, or social sciences;
- At least 10 years of experience in developing and/or managing public-private partnerships in health;
- Experience working with national TB programs in India and South Asia;
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple stakeholders and create and maintain effective relationships with government personnel;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and local language.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org