- SAIC is seeking a Document Analyst to provide support on-site in the Pentagon in working as part of contract team with the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Office of the General Counsel for International Affairs (OGC/IA).
- Work daily with the Deputy General Counsel, International Affairs, and OGC/IA office staff o Provide document indexing and archival support.
- Screening, preparing, and indexing legal review files before they are sent for storage and archiving.
- Addressing security requirements and procedures for properly handling and storing/archiving classified materials with NARA.
- Indexing and archiving legal files with knowledge and understanding of chronicling data domestically and internationally.
- Codification and categorization of domestic and international documents in relevant databases.
- Coordinating with DoD components and agencies to ensure the submission of all international agreements in addition to the submission of the annual (cumulative) International Agreement Indices to OGC (IA).
- Maintaining the Master International Agreements Index (IAI).
- Reviewing international agreements submitted to OGC (IA) for accuracy.
- Converting all international agreements to electronic form and incorporating them into the IAD.
- This includes document preparation, scanning, transferring scanned documents to storage media, updating the database with the scanned agreement, and performing final quality checks.
- Distinguishing classified information from unclassified information when archiving legal files.
- Replacing photo-reduced, illegible images of maps/agreements with high-resolution, full-sized scans.
- Continuously monitoring and maintaining security conditions and protection of the International Agreements Database (IAD).
- Maintaining the IAD and its supporting applications and structures.
- Perform testing including quality assurance auditing after international agreements have been added to the updated IAD system.
- Provide training for contractor employees and provide an updated users manual and technical guide for delivery to OGC.
- Meet regularly with SAIC's Team Lead to discuss operational status and any issues and resolutions.
- Provide research, analysis, and administrative support for the daily tasks required of OGC (IA) within its current concept of operations (ConOps).
- High School
- 3 years of related experiences
- This includes demonstrated understanding of how data is chronicled domestically and internationally, experience with relevant databases that house international agreements, and demonstrated ability to analyze a files security designation based on the content of the file
- Experience preparing documents for the national archive
- The ability to review, understand, and analyze complex legal and non-legal DoD documents and international agreements
- Understanding of security requirements and procedures for properly handling and storing/archiving classified materials. o Familiarity with NARA storage procedures
- Fluency with, and understanding of, DoD, Joint Staff, and the Military Departments standards of practice
- Possess exceptional oral and written communication abilities
- Ability to leverage established relationships with other DoD components and agencies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and common office software applications
- Flexible team player and capable of interacting at all levels within the customer space as well as other parts of the defense community
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to accomplish tasks under pressure with limited supervision
- Strong administrative skills
- Flexibility in order to accommodate time-sensitive and mission- critical work
- Familiarity with knowledge management tools including SharePoint, .Net Applications and/or Databases
- Previous experience in a working in the Pentagon or DoD office law office, General Counsel's office, or JAG office
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org