The Innovation Center for Energy and Transportation (iCET, www.icet.org.cn), an international think tank in the areas of e-mobility, climate policy, and cleantech innovation, is an independent non-profit organization registered in Beijing China and Los Angeles California. Our mission is to strengthen global collaboration and provide decision makers at all levels with the urgently needed innovative solutions to solve the energy, environment, and climate crises amid our fast-changing world. We focus on transformational changes in socio-technologies and policies, harness private-public partnership on problem solving, embrace a green lifestyle, and work towards sustainable development. We cherish our fragile planet.
U.S.-China Cleantech Center (UCCTC) was established in 2012 as a joint-partnership program between iCET and the US Dept. of Commerce to promote clean technology innovation and collaboration between U.S. and China. We are currently seeking a motivated and entrepreneurial-minded professional who desire to work on cutting-edges issues in promoting US-China collaborations on sustainability and clean technologies development. The position will be full-time and based in downtown LA with occasional travel to China.
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, and in coordination with LA and Beijing based staff members, this position will coordinate various activities associated iCET and UCCTC programs.
The ideal candidate is expected to:
· Assist in program development and implementation, conduct analytical and marketing research, assist in fundraising and proposal writing, support report and news briefing writing, manage social media outreach on various projects.
· Follow trends in US clean energy and climate policies and communicate with Beijing and Los Angeles team. Represent iCET /UCCTC at meetings and conferences, enhance iCET /UCCTC’s public and media engagement
· Assist business development for new and existing UCCTC services and projects, including: inviting US companies for trade missions, developing market entries for US firms, helping US firms to penetrate Chinese market, providing export and consulting services.
· Oversee and maintain UCCTC partnership database and assist in building partnerships with US federal and local government agencies, trade associations, companies and other industry practitioners.
· 2+ years of work experience required in an environmental, clean energy, business consulting or relevant field.
· Native English is required, and ability to interface with U.S. government (federal, states, cities) and engage directly with senior decision makers and business leaders
· Excellent communication skills and interpersonal/teamwork skills; creative, yet detail-oriented.
· Excellent writing/drafting skills for proposals and reports
· Excellent social and networking skills for developing partnerships
· A Master’s degree in business, policy, international affairs, energy/environment, or related field from a reputable academic institution is highly preferred
· Chinese language and cultural experience is a plus
· Self-motivated and long-term commitment for environment and sustainability
· Strong analytical skills, preferably with technical background in the area of clean energy, environmental technology, etc.
· Able to manage multiple time-sensitive priorities
· Able to attend occasional calls or events in the evening
· Basic knowledge of working in non-profit or public sector
Please send CV and cover letter (with availability).
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org