Based in Phnom Penh, the Associate Director, Programs will be a key partner to the Country Director (CD), as well as CHAI's global teams, to ensure the overall success of CHAI programs in Cambodia. Reporting to the CD, the Associate Director, Programs will work closely with program managers to oversee the technical implementation of CHAI’s projects in Cambodia. These responsibilities will include planning, budgeting, implementation of programs and technical assistance, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, and engagement with both in-country and global stakeholders. The Associate Director, Programs will also assist the CD with the development and management of new programs. CHAI is seeking candidates for the position of Associate Director, Programs to provide technical oversight and strategic direction to the office in Cambodia.
The Associate Director, Programs will be responsible for developing and managing relationships with the Government, as well as with donors, international and national NGOs, and UN agencies. The Associate Director, Programs will work with program teams to develop clear operational plans as well as to work closely with the relevant technical staff at the MOH and their partners, to ensure rapid implementation, skills transfer, and government ownership.
The position is based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, with limited travel internationally and regular travel within Cambodia.
- Develop a trusted relationship and dialogue with the Government and key partners based on a track record of delivering results that exceed expectations in speed and quality;
- Maintain a thorough understanding of both the health landscape in Cambodia and the Ministry of Health’s key priorities;
- Lead strategic planning process and ensure that programs align with CHAI strategy;
- Provide technical oversight to ensure CHAI-supported programs are evidence-based and aligned with implementation, clinical, and operational best practices;
- Collaborate with program managers to develop clear operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities together with the MOH for CHAI to add value and maximize impact;
- Develop and manage annual program budgets in collaboration with CD, finance staff, and program managers;
- Oversee project work streams and provide capacity building and advice to support the MOH in Cambodia to strengthen institutional capacity in program areas
- Assist with development efforts, including identification of new opportunities, design of new programs, budgeting, and the development and management of relationships and reporting with existing and potential donors;
- Maintain appropriate bi-directional communication with CHAI headquarters and other global and country teams within the organization to ensure that CHAI's global capabilities are being fully leveraged;
- Coordinate efforts with CHAI's partners and establish new partnerships;
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Graduate degree with 8+ years of work experience in the private or public sector, with increasing levels of responsibility and leadership;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and a track record of consensus building and managing relationships with a range of stakeholders across sectors;
- Experience with challenges related to living and working in resource-limited setting, and willingness to learn in a culturally diverse work environment;
- Excellent diplomacy skills, work ethic, and flexibility;
- Highly motivated, independent, dynamic and entrepreneurial thinker with strong managerial experience and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to demonstrate high performance in conceiving, planning, and executing complex programs in unstructured and demanding environments without extensive operational support;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, delegate, and work independently and effectively in high-pressure, fast-paced environment;
- Proven experience as both a leader and a team player, with an ability to mentor and manage a team for consistently high performance;
- Demonstrated strong problem solving, analytical and quantitative skills, including high level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet applications.
- MD, MPH or MBA degree;
- Prior experience working in Cambodia or other countries in SE Asia;
- Ability to communicate in Khmer.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org