IPA is seeking a Programs Associate to join the Global Programs team. The Programs Associate will report to the Regional Director of Asia and Latin America and will work primarily with the six country offices in those regions.
The Programs Associate has two broad sets of responsibilities. The first is to support new business development and ensure the overall success and impact of Asia and Latin America programs. The second is to provide general support to the IPA Global Programs department.
An ideal candidate is someone: a) looking to explore a career in the rigorous evaluation of policies and programs, and b) currently looking to gain experience in the proposal development process and to understand more about the management of randomized control trails via occasional field visits to IPA country programs. Such a candidate will also possess exceptional skill in writing, editing, and communication as the position requires frequent grant proposal support. The roles and responsibilities for this position are further detailed below.
Regional Programs Support (90%)
- Business Development
- Facilitate the development of relationships with Principal Investigators (PIs), partners, and donors. This may entail participation in conferences and other in-person meeting, as well as through phone calls, emails, etc.
- Explore partnership opportunities: field inquiries and provide orientation to external partners
- Project Development
- Identify and track projects, partners, contacts, and opportunities that contribute to strategic project development goals
- Match relevant PIs with research opportunities
- Develop and regularly update internal and external resources related to project development in the region
- Proposal Development
- Facilitate and participate in proposal development meetings
- Set proposal development timelines
- Mobilize the research team during proposal development and ensure focus on key issues and priorities
- Provide support to proposal review, writing, and development processes (as coordinator, writer, reviewer etc.).
- Develop budget summaries/narratives
- Data Management and Reporting
- Oversee entry of project and grant information into Salesforce
- Produce Salesforce reports and use Salesforce metrics to analyze regional project development performance
- Produce Salesforce reports outlining grant balances to share with PIs
- Support CDs in understanding and using Salesforce and Box
- Staff Hiring
- Complete initial review of, participate in interviews with, and review writing samples of potential hires
- Document Development
- Contribute to the creation of country office-specific dissemination and policy materials
- Write, edit, and format country-specific presentational materials
- Liaise with other IPA teams
- Contribute to incorporation of global standards, including facilitating internal capacity building and supporting country office initiatives
- Serve as a liaison between Country Programs and Headquarters functional teams
Other Global Programs Initiatives (10%)
- Contribute to cross-regional proposal and project development
- Tailor and support resource creation for internal and external capacity building, policy engagement planning, policy document creation, dissemination events, etc.
- Support programs leadership with the management of researchers and partners in the region, including:
- Field PI and partner inquiries and provide orientation to new PIs and partners
- Help develop and regularly update internal and external resources related to project development in the Region
- Coordinate check-ins with all Programs staff
- Hire and manage Programs interns
- Participate in other tasks as required
- Bachelors’ degree in either a) a related field, such as Economics, International Relations, Social Sciences, or Statistics, or b) a writing- and communications-heavy field, such as History or English, required.
- 1-2 years of experience required
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Professional Working Proficiency in Spanish is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task while paying attention to detail
- Ability to lead, work with, and/or coordinate with a team to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently; self-motivated
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with PIs, donors, and partners
- Ability to learn quickly and take on new tasks
- 1-2 years of experience in grant writing is a plus
- Experience creating, managing, and reviewing budgets is a plus
- Previous experience with field research in developing countries is a plus
- Flexibility with work schedule (weekends, late nights, and early mornings are sometimes required)
- Should be able to bring a sense of dedication and humor to the job
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org