Macfadden seeks a Program Coordinator to support USAID’s Office of Food for Peace (USAID/FFP). USAID/FFP is a U.S. Government office that provides life-saving food assistance and supports longer-term development activities that mitigate chronic food insecurity. The Program Coordinator will provide dedicated support to USAID/FFP’s Global Policy Team through a variety of tasks that facilitate the team’s engagement with international humanitarian actors.
Responsibilities of the Program Coordinator include but are not limited to the following:
- Draft talking points, briefing memos, and other documents that clearly convey USAID/FFP’s policy priorities for both internal and external audiences.
- Attend and take notes for meetings with representatives from U.S. Government offices, UN agencies, and other donor governments.
- Coordinate with staff throughout the office on policy and programmatic issues related to USAID/FFP’s partnership with UN agencies, and support USAID/FFP’s participation in high-level meetings with UN representatives.
- Analyze UN partner reports and audits pertaining to USAID/FFP programming.
- Manage logistics for meetings and events.
- Oversee administrative tasks for the Global Policy Team, including the preparation of comp time and travel memos.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Affairs or a related field.
- One to four years of work experience, that demonstrates ability to multitask and meet rapid deadlines with quality work.
- Familiarity with humanitarian issues, the U.S. Government, and/or international humanitarian actors is preferred but not required.
- Must be eligible for a Secret-level U.S. Government security clearance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and close attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to manage large and multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently but also function effectively as part of a team.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org