- Full-time (37.5 hours)
- Permanent contract
- London-based, frequent international travel
- Salary: £48,558.68 plus 9% employer pension contribution
- Closing date: 9.00am UK time 11 February 2019
- Interviews: 21/22 February 2019
We are seeking an experienced Programme Director to lead Conciliation Resources’ peacebuilding and conflict transformation work in the Caucasus, with a focus on the Georgian-Abkhaz and Nagorny-Karabakh contexts. They are responsible for managing the Caucasus team, providing strategic leadership and operational management to the whole team, with direct line management of three staff.
The postholder is responsible for the successful implementation of a diverse programme of activities, including facilitation of dialogue; dealing with the past initiatives; promoting community inclusion and engagement in peacebuilding and peace processes, research and analysis on peacebuilding and conflict, and policy work. This includes oversight of the full project cycle, including design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, narrative and financial reporting. The Programme Director is responsible for setting and overseeing the management of the Caucasus programme’s budget, and forensuring the integrity and credibility of Conciliation Resources’ reputation in the Caucasus. She or he leads the team’s efforts to secure new funding for our work in the Caucasus, developing project concepts as well as relationships with existing and new donors.The Programme Director is a member of Conciliation Resources’ Senior Leadership Team. The post is based in London and will involve frequent travel to the region.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- Significant project management experience, designing and implementing conflict transformation and peacebuilding interventions, including programme design, budget development, programme implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Practical and conceptual knowledge of peacebuilding and conflict transformation processes, of processes of social and political change and of supporting local capacities for peacebuilding.
- Extensive knowledge of the social and political landscape in the Caucasus and wider region, and its conflicts.
- Experience of working with partners in regions affected by conflict in an accompaniment and mentoring role, including capacity building and due diligence.
- Significant financial management, including experience preparing and managing annual budgets of at least £500k, monitoring and forecasting spend, and overseeing internal and external financial reporting.
- Experience of leading government-funded or other donor-funded programmes, including donor relationship management, programme development and narrative and budget reporting.
- Experience of line managing staff, including task management, performance management and professional development.
- Significant experience of securing funding for new work, including concept development, building donor relationships and writing proposals and budgets.
- Experience of and sensitivity in communicating with multicultural and diverse audiences.
- Good working knowledge of written and spoken English and Russian.
- Experience implementing projects in difficult social and political situations or conflict contexts, and experience of hostile environment training or willingness to undertake hostile environment training.
- Post-graduate study or equivalent by experience in conflict transformation, international relations, development studies, international humanitarian law, gender, peace and security or other related fields.
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills, including the ability to think and plan strategically while also retaining close attention to detail, to manage and prioritise a diverse and demanding workload, to convene and run efficient meetings and meet deadlines.
- Ability to navigate political sensitivities and awareness of the complexity of working in conflict-affected situations, including appreciation of confidentiality and handling sensitive information with due care.
- Willingness and ability to work irregular hours on occasion and to undertake frequent international travel.
- Excellent word processing, spreadsheet, database and email software skills.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org