The Department of Political Science at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP) invites applications for an effective teacher-scholar for a full-time tenure-track position in International Relations and American Foreign Policy to begin in August 2019.
- The successful candidate will teach courses including World Politics and American Foreign Policy, as well as courses about national security policy and strategy processes, and homeland security-related courses.
- Candidates will also advise students in the Homeland Security major track and other departmental programs and participate in related university and community service.
- The successful candidate must be willing to teach an introductory level course at the university's branch campuses and to conduct distance education courses.
- Ph.D. in Political Science or similar discipline.
- ABD applicants will be considered, however, a PhD must be awarded by the time of appointment.
- Demonstrated teaching effectiveness.
- Applicants should have an active research agenda.
- Candidates must communicate effectively and perform well during the interview(s), which may include a teaching demonstration.
- The department seeks candidates whose teaching, research, or services has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and inclusion in higher education.
The work of this position occurs in a typical office environment. Although infrequent, periods of heavy exertion may occur. Incumbent must have the following abilities:
- Ability to travel to field locations and meeting/training sites by motor vehicle when required.
- Communicate both orally and in writing to issue, receive and carry out instructions and orders effectively and to convey information to a variety of co-workers and the general public.
- Use a variety of common office machines such as telephones, calculators, copiers, computer terminals, keyboards, video display terminals, auxiliary printers and similar equipment.
- Perform manual duties such as lifting and carrying various weight limits.
- Operate office equipment which may require stooping, kneeling, bending, stretching and prolonged standing.
- Provide assistance and guidance to internal and external customers.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org