QED Group is a global consulting company with 20 years of experience providing data-driven, insightful solutions for international development, defense, and diplomacy. We never lose focus on how an organization uses its resources to make better decisions, improve performance, change behavior, and manage adaptively. We are passionate about evidence-based decision making and are working to improve the quality and use of data through the implementation of smart measurement and evaluation strategies, organizational learning, the appropriate use of technologies and innovation, and the promotion of increased capacity in data visualization.
The primary objective of the USAID/Vietnam Support Service Contract is to provide monitoring, evaluation and learning support services and assistance, and;
- build the capacity of USAID/Vietnam staff, implementing partners and the Government of Vietnam (GOV) to achieve agreed upon goals and targets,
- enhance USAID/Vietnam’s process of monitoring program performance,
- instill a culture of Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) within USIAD/Vietnam and its implementing partners.
By pursuing this, USAID/Vietnam will gradually become a learning, adaptive organization that is responsive to effective development. This five-year activity will provide comprehensive monitoring and evaluation (M&E) support services, further strengthening the implementation of USAID/Vietnam’s development strategy.
- Develop M&E plans, define project indicators, and collect and review monitoring data.
- Contribute to performance and impact evaluations through questionnaire development. This will include key informant in-depth interviewing, managing survey data collection, reviewing data, preparing datasets, analyzing quantitative or qualitative data, and report writing.
- Interpret outcomes of implementation through data or other evidenced-based sources and provide program recommendations as needed.
- Provide support to the USAID’s Geographic Management Information System.
- Assist in the management of field monitoring, evaluation design, empirical and statistical analysis, environmental compliance, and management of information systems.
- Provide quality assurance/quality control for local subcontractors.
- Collect and verify data on technical implementation, coordinate with both technical and operation staff and contribute to overall project reporting requirements as per contractual agreements. This might entail, but not limited to, quarterly and weekly reports, evaluation and case studies, success stories, etc.
- Work closely with project leadership and manage directly project efforts to effectively design and implement dissemination strategies and activities to communicate analytical products developed under the project as part of learning and/or strategic communications and public outreach agenda.
- The successful candidate will take the lead in supporting learning agendas, collaboration, learning and adapting, and knowledge management activities; all aimed at facilitating effective collaboration and promote learning and sharing among stakeholders.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant field, such as applied social sciences, development economics, or monitoring and evaluation.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive responsibility working in M&E for donor funded development programs. USAID experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with GIS/GEO- MIS data collection tools.
- Experience in developing performance management plans (PMPs) and conducting data quality assessments (DQAs); analyzing both qualitative and quantitative data; using online M&E databases to collect performance indicators; conducting routine monitoring of data for a donor-funded project; and conducting participatory or impact evaluations.
- Experience writing findings and recommendations in assessment or evaluation reports.
- Experience in report writing, especially under USAID contracts, and development of dissemination, knowledge management and communication strategies.
- Strong organizational, writing and communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Ability to coordinate well with personnel within and outside the project, meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision.
- Computer literacy, with ability to analyze and interpret data using Excel, online reporting tools, or statistical packages such as SAS, SPSS, or STATA.
- Excellent English language skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience working in Vietnam is desired. Vietnamese nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Position contingent upon contract award.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org