About Health Care Without Harm (HCWH) Europe:
HCWH Europe is a non-profit organisation that works to transform healthcare worldwide so that it reduces its environmental footprint, becomes a community anchor for sustainability and a leader in the global movement for environmental health and justice.
HCWH has offices in Europe, US, and Asia as well as a global team that works across all regions. HCWH works closely with health professionals, hospitals, healthcare systems, NGOs, local government, ministries of health and international organisations. HCWH Europe is active in 26 countries of the WHO Euro region and has a growing number of members. The European office is located in Brussels. For more information, visit: www.noharm-europe.org
We are seeking an ambitious and experienced fundraising professional to join our team in Brussels as Development & Fundraising Manager, playing a central role in the growth and development of our programmatic activities at HCWH Europe. The organisation is seeking to diversify and expand its revenue base in order to build a resilient and more robust funding portfolio. The newly created position of Development & Fundraising Manager will drive this work forward.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the post-holder will prospect and win new business, develop funding proposals and lead the development and implementation of HCWH Europe’s new Development Strategy. They will take personal responsibility and accountability for generating leads, building networks, making contacts and meeting business development and income generation goals.
- Develop and implement HCWH Europe’s new Development Strategy and produce tailored new revenue generation propositions and funding proposals in order to secure significant, multi-year revenue streams
- Research new revenue generation and fundraising opportunities that align with HCWH Europe’s core mission and strategic goals, compiling a list of key targets and developing cultivation and stewardship plans
- Diversify HCWH Europe’s revenue base, with a focus on expanding partnerships with philanthropic foundations and national and international institutions, whilst maintaining and developing relationships with existing donors
- Explore and develop new, alternative opportunities to generate income, e.g. event fees, membership fees and/or development of chargeable services and training courses
- Work with programmatic and operational teams to identify funding needs and prospect and secure funding to match those needs
- Work with the Executive Director, Associate Director Engagement & Partnerships, and other members of the team to secure new grant funding from the EU LIFE Programme beyond 2019
- Work closely with the Associate Director Engagement & Partnerships to secure new, long-term partnerships that support HCWH Europe’s development strategy and membership development plan
- Work with the communications team to ensure that communications materials for potential funders and donors are up to date and relevant, tailored for specific audiences
- Work with the Operations Manager to develop the overall financial management and planning process at HCWH Europe, ensuring fundraising is aligned with organisational needs and priorities and supports the organisation’s long-term financial sustainability
- Liaise with the CleanMed Europe team to set and achieve sponsorship and exhibitor fundraising targets, developing and nurturing relationships with new and existing companies supporting the conference
- Participate in team development (and, when required, board) meetings to inform and influence programmatic developments and resulting fundraising and development plans
- Take a proactive role in feeding into HCWH Europe’s overall strategic plan, generating ideas, bringing external insight and taking a leading role in agreed areas of delivery
- Identify relevant conferences, events, meetings, etc. to attend, and organisations and networks with which to develop long-term strategic partnerships
- Act as a senior representative of HCWH Europe, attending external events, public speaking and networking
In addition the post holder will work as part of HCWH’s international development and fundraising team, coordinated by HCWH’s Development Director based in the USA. You will share intelligence on fundraising and partnership opportunities with development leads in other regions (North America, Asia, Latin America and partner organisations) and collaborate on international funding proposals on behalf of HCWH Europe.
You will be confident, articulate, persuasive, and engaging, with significant experience of new business development in the corporate or third sector. Educated to degree level, you will have a strong commercial understanding and outlook. You should also have demonstrable experience of winning partnerships of €500,000 and over. In addition, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge and understanding of the health sector and/or sustainability issues and practice
- Experience and knowledge of budgeting and organisational finance
- Experience of balancing competing deadlines and managing multiple tasks and priorities within a busy working environment
- Confidence when managing senior level contacts across donors and companies
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to persuade, motivate, network and negotiate effectively
- Ability to support others to achieve income targets
- The ability to network with and influence senior people both internally and externally in order to achieve pre-defined outcomes
Fluent English (verbal and written) is mandatory for this role. Working knowledge of other European languages, in particular French, would be an advantage.
Candidates should be eligible to work in the EU.
To apply, please send an email to [email protected] by 15/02/2019 with the subject line: Application for Development & Fundraising Manager.
Please attach your CV and a one-page cover letter explaining your motivation for the position as pdf/doc files and include your surname in the filename. Please also state where you heard about the position in your email.
Due to the large number of expected candidates, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.