Duties and Responsibilities
The Programme Manager will work under the direct supervision of the UN Women CO Albania Head of Programme Unit and coordinate closely with the regional EVAW Project Manager for the implementation of the regional EVAW project.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Programme implementation of EVAW Portfolio;
- Technical support and Financial Management;
- Strategic Partnerships and External Communication.
- Ensure timely and adequate implementation of activities according to programme activity plans under EVAW portfolio;
- Prepare a detailed work plan and performance monitoring plan to implement the proposed activities in Albania as per the Project Documents and approved plans, and ensure links with UN Women’s commitment under UNDAF/UN Framework” Programme of Cooperation for Sustainable Development (PoCSD 2017-2021)” and UN Women Strategic Plan;
- Design, oversee, and coordinate the implementation of relevant programme activities with implementing partners, UN Women local and regional programme teams;
- Closely coordinate with donors (EU DEL & Sweden and others as relevant) for the implementation of the programme activities, including communication and visibility initiatives, the selection of implementing partners, and ensuring synergies of the projects in the country, as well as communication flow for the smooth running of the programme;
- Ensure proper identification of and follow up with civil society groups, national institutions and consultants who will be involved in the implementation of activities under the relevant programme outcome areas;
- Provide technical support and guidance to implementing partners and key stakeholders on specific issues related to the programme scope;
- Hold consultations with the programme partners and other stakeholders in order to ensure timely information about the programme implementation;
- Financial and substantive monitoring and evaluation of project activities, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions;
- Prepare the Projects and portfolio Quarterly Progress Report (progress against planned activities and expenditures) and submit the report to the Head of Programme Unit;
- Preparation of inputs for reporting, including donor and audit reporting. Prepare the Annual Reports as per donors’ requirements, and submit the report to the Head of Programme Unit and Regional EVAW Project Manager (for the duration period of the regional EVAW project);
- Ensure that progress reports from responsible parties are properly monitored in line with project outputs and timeline before approving;
- Undertake regular monitoring missions to ensure timely delivery and quality of results;
- Provide inputs on EVAW programme Portfolio to UN Women quarterly and annual reports and UNCT/UNDAF mid-year and annual reviews and reports;
- Preparation of topic-specific gender inputs, recommendations, briefs and briefings provided to decision makers in priority reform areas.
Technical Support and Financial Management:
- Manage the projects’ financial resources in accordance with UN Women rules and regulations;
- Draft concept notes and follow-up on resource mobilization efforts at the country level in coordination with the Programme Specialist, Regional Project Manager and the Country Representative;
- Report on a regular basis to the Head of Programmes and UN Women Regional EVAW Programme Manager in order to ensure coordination, linkages, and synergies between all areas of work carried out by UN Women Albania Country Office as well as within the regional EVAW project;
- Contribute to annual work planning and budgeting processes of the Regional Programme and the UN Women Contry Office in Albania;
- Contribute to the development of technical documents for projects, including those needed to initiate and generate momentum, such as project proposals, and clear action plans for each programme activity; prepare project cooperation agreements with implementing partners, and letters of agreement with government and non-governmental partners;
- Draft Terms of reference for consultants as needed and supervise and evaluate their performance in delivering required outputs;
- Mobilize competent national and international experts that are needed by the beneficiaries of the project following the agenda and activities that are supported by the project;
- Provide support on project related procurement/administration procedures;
- Manage programme files and support information collection and dissemination: ensure project documentation (filing) & communication is properly done, tracking system is in place for effective project closure;
- Draft programme progress reports and provide inputs to programme related products, including updates to various stakeholders and donor as requested;
- Provide programmatic and technical support to UN Women in Albania as deemed necessary.
Strategic Partnerships and External Communication:
- Creates strategic partnerships with stakeholders on national and local level and other partner’s programmes in EVAW Portfolio; Liaises with governmental officials, civil society, academia, media, UN Agencies and the donors to meet their information needs, to enhance collaboration, resource mobilization and policy agenda setting in support for the project;
- Maintain close communication with UN agencies, national authorities, development actors, civil society organizations and other key stakeholders (EU Delegation, Council of Europe, OSCE, Sweden etc) working on ending violence against women;
- Seeks and incorporates synergies with similar initiatives at country level;
- Make linkages between the SDG priority targets and the implementation of EVAW Portfolio;
- Support communication specialist with information on project implementation and development of visibility products for the programme portofolio;
- Coordinate with other UN Agencies and participate in UN results groups, other working groups as well as in meetings and activities on behalf of UN Women, as needed;
- Participate at meetings with stakeholders and project partners, at different events and initiatives;
- Promote and advocate for the projects in the media as agreed with the Head of Programme Unit and EVAW Regional Manager, in relevant national seminars, meetings of work groups and panels, and project periodic evaluation and review meetings;
- Provide other team members with updated information and knowledge on EVAW Portfolio.
Any other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Demonstrated development/programming skills particularly those that are pertinent to UN Women strategic priorities on gender issues and women’s rights;
- Ability to lead formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and projects;
- Ability to develop detailed operational plans, budgets, and deliver on them for development results;
- Ability to establish and maintain broad strategic networks and partnerships with UN agencies and other international partners to promote partnership and build alliances to advance organizational interests and competencies;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive attitude;
- Ability to advocate and provide policy and technical advice;
- Demonstrated good oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Strong analytical skills and team building skills;
- Ability to handle conflict and sensitive issues in a responsible and mature manner; and
- Capacity to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in law, human rights, gender studies, social work, political, social sciences or related fields preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in coordinating, programming and reporting; previous experience in the development and/or humanitarian sector particularly on gender equality and violence against women;
- Proven track record and experience in reporting and communicating results, and developing programme and project planning documents;
- Proven experience of understanding issues of human rights, gender equality and violence against women;
- Understanding of Albanian and international normative framework on GE and EVAW as well as of government and non-government working on gender equality in Albania;
- Prior experience with UN or similar international organizations would be desirable;
- Prior working experience as lawyer dealing with cases of gender-based violence would be highly desirable.
- Fluency in English and Albanian.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org