Provide overall leadership and strategic direction to the WVUS Resource Development (RD) business unit to ensure successful performance and growth in the acquisition of funds from the US Government, foundations, public/private partnerships and private funding from individual donors. Leverage diverse funding streams to ensure the highest level of success and strategic use of resources. In coordination with the Transformational Engagement (TE) division, provide leadership and strategic direction to ensure the most effective project designs for the ELO Campaign and other fundraising efforts, aligning closely with OP2030, the WVUS strategic plan and ensuring alignment with field realities and best practices in program design to ensure the greatest impact on children. Lead the Regional Engagement Team (RET) to ensure strong positioning and increased capacity for grant acquisition in the field. Ensure strong external orientation to support positioning and build relationships with key public and private donors and partners. Synergize team goals, budgets and individual workplans, as well as overseeing the development and continual improvement of internal policies, procedures and protocols. Embody the spirit of ‘One IPG’ by modeling behaviors that ensure close collaboration across functions within the Division (PQI, Advocacy, Finance, HEA, etc.) and contribute strongly to a positive culture in IPG and more broadly in WVUS. Model a Christian servant leadership style that allows the RD team to be a part of the broader organizational culture based on WV’s Mission, Vision and Core Values. Ensure empowerment and growth of staff while also holding them accountable for the deliverables for which they are responsible. Act as a key member of the IPG Leadership Team, fostering a spirit of collaboration and collective leadership. Engage positively and productively with the broader Partnership, with a specific focus on engagement with the global GAM team.
- Keep Christ central in our individual and corporate lives. Attend and participate in devotions, weekly Chapel (All Staff meeting) and events that build our identity as a Christian relief and development organization.
- Act as a key member of the IPG SLT. Establish/maintain leadership and personal credibility based on a clearly understood chain of authority and accountability.
- Engage positively in professional development/career pathing activities to help meet WVUS ‘Go Well’ organizational health objectives and ensure a strong, engaged team.
- In close coordination with RD’s Senior Directors and Directors, SVP IPG and HR, initiate staffing actions. Hire, fire, train, counsel, evaluate, and recommend salary increases and promotions for those under direct and indirect supervision.
- Analyze and manage approval procedures for changes to team staffing levels based on changes in opportunities, donor strategies, portfolio size, project or grant complexity, partner/consortia complexity, accountability standards, revenue to cost ratios, industry benchmarks and promising practices, technology changes, etc.
- Ensure development, dissemination and continual improvement of procedures, operational processes and business tools that promote mission accomplishment. Manage the work of direct reports, temporary employees and consultants as necessary
- Ensure RD teams and staff coordinate well throughout IPG to ensure cross functional planning and deliverables, as well as harmonized business processes and outcome metrics, etc.
- Planning and Program/Proposal Development
- Coordinate with RD Senior Directors and Directors to ensure wide participation in the development of aligned annual RD Business Plans, annual team work plans and establish measurable goals promoting optimal performance.
- Responsible for identification and achievement of public revenue driver targets (broken down by technical sector) and annual revenue goals and related application of cash match and indirect cost recovery to maximize yield to ministry and meet Go-Green financial health targets.
- Responsible to ensure RD teams support the private fundraising annual revenue goals (Foundations, Corporate, ELO, etc.), in close coordination with the Transformational Engagement division.
- Ensure (in coordination with Senior Directors) that all business planning processes are done in a cross-functional manner in order to guarantee integration with PQI management teams, advocacy, technical branding, Gender & Social Inclusion, finance and DMERL teams.
- Lead Private Funding product development strategies and design. Collaborate closely with the Philanthropy team under TE. Act as a champion for Private Funding products with internal and external audiences. Develop a strong sense of responsibility among team members for achievement of Private Funding revenue goals and related yield to ministry ratios.
- Bridge and manage requirements and expectations of: a) WVUS fundraisers and private donors, b) WV Regional and National Offices and c) other IPG business units through consistent management, service procedures, and communications. Remain flexible to changing contextual realities.
- Contribute to and partner with teams across WVUS to ensure integrated programming occurs between sponsorship, government and private cash portfolios in alignment with Partnership/PRAC guidance and ensures alignment with NO priorities.
- Ensure RD team provides support to private fundraisers so they have the required insights, training and resources necessary to ensure they can articulate WV strategies and sector focus areas, as well as benefits or WV programming and impact on children.
- Participate, as appropriate, in private and public donor facing meetings and conferences.
- Work collaboratively with team members and with leadership to ensure staff resources are efficiently allocated and procedures consistently applied to achieve sector team objectives.
- Support monthly IPG Building Blocks meetings as well as quarterly preparation for WVUS board meetings. Engage in Strategy and Operations monthly meetings and other key organizational meetings when requested by the SVP.
- The VP will ensure strong external orientation, meeting regularly with key external donors, partners and stakeholders. External engagement will be linked to positioning for acquisition and brand building for WV.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Keep informed of organizational announcements, activities and changes via regular reading of the WVUS Intranet and other corporate communication tools.
This is an advanced position. Apply below for a more detailed description.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org