The Bipartisan Policy Center (BPC) is a non-profit organization that combines the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. BPC drives principled and politically viable policy solutions through the power of rigorous analysis, painstaking negotiation, and aggressive advocacy.
As the only Washington, DC-based think tank that actively promotes bipartisanship, BPC works to address the key challenges facing the nation. Our policy solutions are the product of informed deliberations by former elected and appointed officials, business and labor leaders, and academics and advocates who represent both ends of the political spectrum. We are currently focused on health, energy, national and homeland security, the economy, housing, immigration, infrastructure, and governance.
The Major Gifts Manager will provide support in the team’s individual donor advancement efforts. The position works closely with the Senior Director for Individual Giving to ensure high-net worth prospects are identified and cultivated toward significant support for the organization. The Major Gifts Manager also provides support with stewarding high net worth major donors.
· Support execution of the annual fundraising plan for individual donors including principal and major gifts support.
· Serve as primary contact and manager for a portfolio of 15-25 donors.
· Research, build and coordinate the prospect pipeline, developing, managing and engaging with the priority prospect list.
· Help develop solicitations and sponsorship proposals and coordinate communications with prospects.
· For existing donors, work with development team to execute a dynamic, strategic stewardship plan for major donors, including event planning, briefings, and special opportunities for communications.
· Design, coordinate and manage trips and meetings with current or prospective funders for BPC’s leadership, including Senior Fellows, Task Force members, Commissioners, and senior staff.
· Work with project staff to prepare briefings and collateral materials for meetings with Board members, donors, and prospective funders
· Serve as development liaison to 3-4 policy projects.
· Track and analyze principal and major gift-giving progress toward fundraising goals for internal and external uses.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Four years of fundraising/development experience in a nonprofit, association, or similar organization required
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications; proficiency in Word, Excel, IWAVE, Rel-Sci.
· Strong organizational skills; flexibility, ability to initiate, prioritize, follow through on plans and attention to detail.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
· Ability to work as a team player with a wide range of people; resourceful with a “can-do” attitude
· Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced, aggressive environment
· Commitment to the BPC’s mission and the ability to translate that commitment into compelling donor communications
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter and references to [email protected] Please be sure to include the title of this job, Major Gifts Manager, in the subject line of your email.
BPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.