NHK (Japan Broadcasting Corporation) currently has an opening in its Washington DC bureau for the White House Associate Producer position.
This position is a fantastic opportunity for those who are early in their careers.
- Daily coverage of White House news
- Monitoring breaking US/international news
- Attendance at press briefings, policy speeches and think tank events around Washington
- Developing relationships with press contacts and government officials
- Covering 2020 presidential elections and 2021 presidential inauguration
- Arranging all logistics for trips and being able to drive for camera crew
- Researching for feature news stories
- 1-2 years of journalistic experience
- Energetic and have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Interested in US and world news
- Not 9 to 5 job; be prepared to work nights and weekends as needed
- A team player who will do their very best to assist our correspondents, and who are capable of bridging the different cultures between America and Japan
- Interest in Japan is preferred but not required
Please email a cover letter and resume . No calls, please – applicants who do call will be immediately disqualified.
**The deadline to apply is Friday, February 15, 2019.
NHK is the public broadcaster of Japan and one of the largest networks in Asia with over 100 million viewers worldwide, including in the US via NHK World.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org