The Center for Global Development (CGD), an independent, non-partisan, non-profit policy research organization in Washington, DC seeks a Research Assistant to support the work of CGD Senior Fellow Liliana Rojas-Suarez. Key areas of focus include financial regulation, financial inclusion and international macroeconomics, especially in context of emerging market economies. The successful candidate will have experience with research in economics and demonstrate outstanding analytical, quantitative, writing and communication skills. The position is well-suited for those who are considering doctoral studies.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Fellow, the successful candidate will perform a range of project research, policy analysis and other duties including, but not limited to, the following:
- Conduct statistical analyses and econometric modeling using Stata, Excel, and other software tools, and prepare tables and graphs to convey those results.
- Conduct literature and data searches for ongoing research projects.
- Provide other research, writing and editing support for various reports, documents and others.
- Organize and attend meetings/conferences related to research priorities.
- Perform other duties as necessary in support of the Senior Fellow.
- Demonstrated interest in financial regulation, financial inclusion and international macroeconomics
- Undergraduate degree in Economics or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Training and experience in econometrics and international/development economics are required
- Required software skills: Stata or related statistical software for descriptive and econometric analysis of cross-section and panel data.
- Communication and writing skills in English is required. Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
- Detail-oriented and ability to maintain records.
- Confidence and can-do attitude; ability to advance projects with hands-off supervision.
- Comfort working independently, with small groups and interacting with senior staff.
- Good humor and a collegial spirit are essential.
- Significant knowledge of Latin American economies is a plus
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org