The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is seeking applicants to join NDI's Southern and East Africa (SEA) programs. This is a temporary position, based in NDI’s Washington, DC office. The project assistant will be responsible for conducting country and program-specific research, attending meetings on Southern and East African Affairs and assisting in providing administrative support for country programs.
- Research and gather materials for country specific programs;
- Assist in the backstopping of field offices activities;
- Collect and distribute to the SEA team news updates;
- Attend meetings and seminars on Southern and East African affairs and prepare oral and written presentations to SEA team members;
- Assist in the preparation and drafting of periodical reports;
- Provide administrative support to assigned country programs, including filing, faxing, copying, mailing, and/or event preparation;
- Conduct special projects as needed.
- Demonstrated interest in Southern and East Africa;
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, international relations, international development, and African studies or relevant subject or relevant work experience;
- Well-organized and skilled in prioritizing and managing multiple tasks;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Able to prioritize, meet deadlines, and work with a team;
- Portuguese/French/Swahili language skills useful;
- Experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.) strongly desired.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org