CENTRA Technology Inc. has an open position for a junior or mid-level analyst to support a dynamic office that performs a wide range of research and analysis and organizes a variety of events on national security-themed events . The successful candidate will support the implementation of conferences, workshops, and meetings on national security topics by contributing to the conceptualization, organization, and execution of the events and by providing substantive, and logistical services. The position requires strong interpersonal, writing, and oral communication skills.
The Research Analyst typically does the following:
- Conducts research on international affairs and national security topics, investigates regional and functional topics, and prepares research reports on findings.
- Supports conferences, workshops, and games on national security topics by contributing to the conceptualization, organization, and execution of the events.
- Drafts analytic summaries of the events for government clients.
- Provides substantive, logistical, and administrative services on a wide array of regional and functional topics.
- Interfaces directly with experts from academia, think tanks, war colleges, and the private sector and works with a wide array of national security, defense, and homeland security agencies.
- Undergraduate degree in regional affairs, international relations, economics, sociology/anthropology, history, security studies, proliferation and arms control, or similar programs. Strong academic record.
- Superior communication and writing skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, in particular Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Field experience in the Middle East, Persian Gulf, North Africa, East Asia, South Asia, Europe, or Latin America.
- Eligibility for TS/SCI security clearance.
- Graduate work in regional affairs, international relations, economics, sociology/anthropology, history, security studies, or similar programs.
- A foreign language, such as Chinese, Arabic, Farsi, or Spanish, and the ability to conduct research in that language.
- Experience in a national security profession with either technical background in or experience in international relations, foreign policy, or intelligence disciplines.
- Experience, such as an internship, with a policy agency.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org