You will serve as a Strategic Plans & Policy Specialist in the Strategy and Policy Division, Strategic Planning and Policy Directorate (J5) of United States Indo-Pacific Command (USINDOPACOM).
A Cost-of-Living-Allowance (COLA) of 10.99% will be added to the stated salary. COLA is subject to change at any time.
- You will develop and implement force posture, regional security strategies and policies based on U.S. national defense / foreign policy statements, written policies and the evolving geo-political world situation.
- You will provide analysis, recommendations, and present expert briefings to the Commander and the Director for Strategic Planning and Policy on key strategic force posture activities and planning.
- You will lead, plan, manage, and facilitate activities associated with the planning and monitoring planning across service and combatant commands to align posture against specific national problem sets.
- You will provide analytic framework for strategic planning to guide component commands on setting force structure capabilities and programming priorities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify/.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or pass the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. Passport.
- This position is considered Key/Emergency-Essential. You will be required to provide immediate and continuing support to ensure the success of combat operations or the availability of combat-essential systems.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-12 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: 1) Developing regional security plans related to force posture planning (i.e. regional access, force requirements, overseas force structure changes, global force management); 2) Preparing recommendations, information papers, and/or briefings for senior leaders as it relates to geo-political issues; and 3) Conducting working meetings to lead, plan, manage, and/or facilitate the maintenance and adjustments aligned with the organization's overall strategy.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org