Making Cents International seeks a Co-Champion to lead the YouthPower Youth in Peace and Security Community of Practice (CoP). YouthPower CoPs are social networks of individuals committed to exploring what works in positive youth development (PYD) and cross-sectoral youth programs. CoP Co-Champions lead community activities, guide the community’s purpose, and ensure the community’s relevance and visibility to the YouthPower Learning Network and key stakeholders. This is a year-long assignment with an estimated Level of Effort of 10 hours per month.
In collaboration with another Co-Champion, the Consultant will:
- Maintain a vibrant community “virtual meeting space” and encourage knowledge-sharing.
- Arrange and participate in at least two virtual learning events, of which at least one includes an in-person component.
- Listen to members’ needs to help align individual and community expectations and foster a common sense of purpose.
- Share at least one product or event per month with the CoP listserv.
- Oversee CoP working groups, as appropriate.
- Develop one concrete product (e.g. brief, guidance note) with input from the CoP aligned with the YouthPower PYD Learning Agenda and CoP members’ interest.
- Contribute to the implementation of the PYD Learning Agenda.
- Produce CoP updates for the YouthPower newsletter and annual reports.
- Maintain CoP page on YouthPower.org and regularly update with resources from the community.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social sciences, international development, economics, or similar field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience supporting and/or facilitating knowledge exchange related to international youth development.
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience with USAID-funded activities.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience with youth programming and peacebuilding, conflict resolution, or democracy strengthening is an advantage
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org