Reporting to the Director, Explorer Management and supporting the broader Explorer Programs team, the Coordinator, Explorer Programs will fill a critical role in the department. The position will be responsible for administrative, operational, logistical and other duties, related to Explorer talent management across various relationship affiliations (e.g., grantees, Fellows, etc.), research and events.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing databases and creating Powerpoint/Keynote presentations, the ability to source, capture and synthesize information effectively, a familiarity with relationship management, and a positive attitude. S/he will be detail-oriented, meticulous, collaborative and possess independent problem-solving ability.
- Support team with requests for explorers from internal and external stakeholders by tracking and reporting via Salesforce. Assist with research to match explorers to opportunities including television, digital video, live events and educational engagements. Move forward and close requests. Build relationships with colleagues both at Society and Partners to facilitate processes. Serve as back-up talent management point-of-contact. (35%)
- Assist with creating talent files and CRM records. Contribute to proactive research for explorer opportunities. Support identification of explorers who demonstrate potential for promotion/spotlighting. Monitor and track explorer activities and accomplishments using social media, Google searches and other tools. (20%)
- Assist in preparation of presentations, contracts, and other documents. Process payments. Maintain Explorer Programs program calendars and assist with setting up meetings. Provide ongoing general administrative and travel/logistical support for VP, Explorers and other senior team members as needed. (20%)
- Support planning and logistics for Explorers Festivals and other related Explorer events. (15%)
- Support and coordinate various requests from explorers including visits to headquarters, travel, support letters, discrete tasks, and asset requests. (10%)
Undergraduate degree and a demonstrated interest in one of the following areas: life sciences, international affairs, environmental studies, world cultures, geography, marketing. International experience is a plus.
Minimum Years and Type of Experience
2+ years professional experience in providing administrative and project support. Experience in talent management environment a plus.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Effective written and oral communications skills;
- Ability to work flexibly at all times as part of an internal and extended international team with all levels of staff;
- High-level proficiency in Microsoft Office and database tools, familiarity with Salesforce a plus;
- Attention to detail and ability to understand and prioritize multiple requests from different team members;
- Demonstrated ability to track and report on high volume of projects;
- Must be a self-guided, creative, highly organized, and motivated individual;
Administrative and travel booking experience required;
- Demonstrated understanding of the processes involved in project fulfillment;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org