The Iraq Durable Communities and Economic Opportunities project will be an indefinite delivery indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract with USAID/Iraq. This will be a five-year project expected to begin in October 2019.
The chief of party (COP) will be ultimately responsible for day-to-day implementation of a Task Order expected to be issued with the IDIQ. This position will work directly with USAID and MSI’s home office to ensure the Task Order is compliant, impactful and in line with MSI and USAID rules and regulations. This position will be based in Baghdad with frequent travel throughout the country.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID/Iraq, including day-to-day implementation and management of activities;
- Ensure quality control of activities, including appropriateness and responsiveness of all assistance provided through USAID funding;
- Coordinate closely with all field staff (long and short-term). Remote management will be necessary with travel throughout the country to oversee activities and performance;
- Frequent coordination with USAID, host government counterparts at the national level and community leaders.
- Master’s degree in business, international development, public administration, governance, conflict mitigation/resolution or related field is required;
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience managing donor-funded projects with multiple activities across offices in a related role, preferably as COP on USAID projects;
- Demonstrated ability to manage diverse staff, including expatriates and locals for long or short-term assignments;
- Experience managing projects in the Middle East, particularly Iraq, preferred, or in similar complex and challenging environments;
- Experience overseeing both technical and operational aspects of projects that have proven results in economic growth, job creation, livelihoods, stabilization, civil society or related fields is required;
- Reputation for building strong relationships with high-level officials;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Fluent English required. Ability to speak Arabic a plus.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org