A small but fast-paced New York City-based nonprofit foreign-policy organization seeks a detail-oriented, reliable self-starter to assist with planning policy discussions and conferences and to handle general office-related tasks, including database management, conducting research online, making travel arrangements, and answering telephones. The individual should be well-organized, a quick study, and a meticulous multi-tasker.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated to work on a variety of short- and long-term projects both independently and as part of a team. Experience with email blasts and website content management systems is a plus.
Key roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Management and maintenance of the organization’s Salesforce database.
- Membership management, including tracking dues and contributions.
- Coordination of Board and Annual Member meetings.
- Support of the annual gala dinner.
- Event planning and coordination, including handling logistics, creating invitations, and tracking attendance.
- Management of the ACG’s internship program.
- Support of the annual Young Leaders Conference (selection process as well as travel and conference logistics).
- Support of national outreach efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Database management experience, preferably in Salesforce.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and editing skills.
- Organization and project management experience, with a proven ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- Website maintenance skills are highly desirable.
- German language skills are a plus, as are an interest in and commitment to the mission of the American Council on Germany.
To apply, please submit a cover letter (including salary requirements) and resume via email (with “Program and Administrative Assistant Search” in the subject line). No phone calls, please.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org