Synergos is seeking an Associate, Administrative Support who is a highly organized, detail-oriented individual to perform a range of critical administrative functions across the organization. The ideal candidate is a collaborative individual who can support multiple departments and is proactive in identifying problems and proposing problems. Key responsibilities include providing administrative support to Development, Global Philanthropists Circle and Synergos Consulting Services; ensuring accurate and up-to-date information in database; and tracking and managing all gifts, pledges, dues and contract income.
Synergos is a global nonprofit organization that brings people together to solve complex problems of poverty. We work on issues such as health, nutrition, agriculture, education, social entrepreneurship, and youth employment. We help tackle these challenges by creating, promoting, and sustaining collaborations among business, government, civil society, and marginalized communities. Over the course of more than 30 years, Synergos has supported innovative initiatives in more than 30 countries and regions. We have staff and representatives in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Latin America, and the United States.
- Process and track all individual and institutional contributions and pledges
- draft and send tax acknowledgments
- manage thank-you notes and proper document management and filing
- Manage fundraising solicitations letters and emails
- Process grant agreements for Development and the Global Philanthropists Circle
- Draft and submit invoicing and reminders for member dues, trip fees, contract services.
- Ensure outstanding pledges and invoices are followed up on and income secured
- Prepare, process and track contracts and invoicing for Synergos Consulting services
- Provide logistical support for various events during the year as needed
- Manage and maintain the integrity of information in CRM database
- Enter all gifts, pledges, contracts and prospect activity
- Enter all new and updated contact information
- Conduct routine analysis on information
- Generate reports as requested
- Review record keeping systems and recommend improvements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Preferred 1 to 2 years’ work experience in the non-profit or private sector;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office software products, especially Outlook, Word and Excel
- Strong working knowledge and experience with customer relationship management (CRM) systems (donor database program)
- Ability to work within a team structure as well as independently, be flexible, resourceful and can take initiative
- Detail oriented, with outstanding organizational skills
- Commitment to high ethical standards and data confidentiality
- A passion for the Synergos mission and values
Why You Should Work at Synergos
- We’re a values-oriented organization helping create a better world
- We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits
- You’ll work with diverse, collegial staff and innovative members of our networks around the world
- You’ll have opportunities to advance your professional skills in fundraising and development
Please send cover letter and resume by applying below.