The Women's International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF) is an anti-militarist feminist organisation with a specific focus on issues concerning women, peace and security. We are looking for a Communications Associate to support our inspiring and challenging work on mobilising for the UN Security Council and international community to support feminist peace that works for women and all people.
As WILPF Communications Associate, you will lead our UN outreach. You will be in charge of maintaining PeaceWomen’s well-known website on Women, Peace and Security, peacewomen.org. You will also be in charge of providing coordination and support for WILPF activist delegations to New York, such as around the Commission on the Status of Women, High Level Political Forum, and October anniversary of United Nations Security Council Resolution 1325.
This position will be a good fit for you if you are committed to feminist peace, are a positive and solution-oriented team player with strong attention to detail, love outreach and logistics, and are ready to use your technical skills for feminist peace!
- Implement communication plans for WILPF messaging
- Maintain the PeaceWomen website and social media including content development on feminist peace
- Manage the integration project between peacewomen.org with wilpf.org
- Coordinate publications and newsletters including Scorecard and Toolkits
- Act as main liaison with technical team, and provide technical support for the UN Office
- Liaise with WILPF Communications Manager on outreach plans
- Participate in monthly WILPF editorial meetings
- Develop and implement project plans for international delegations to New York (i.e., March Commission on the Status of Women, July High Level Political Forum, October WPS anniversary)
- Provide logistical support and coordination for WILPF events and international delegations:
- Coordinate visas, flights, and hotels and support international participants
- Support events, outreach, and follow up
- Represent WILPF at events as needed
- Liaise with other WILPF teams to coordinate work
- Respond to general requests to the WILPF by email, mail and telephone, or delegating to, and supervising the carrying out of this responsibility by, others.
- Assist in general maintenance of WILPF through performance of ad hoc tasks and responsibilities as mutually agreed with the relevant supervisor
- Commitment: Strong commitment to WILPF mission and vision and work for gender equality, peace and disarmament. Experience and commitment to gender, women’s rights and peace, disarmament and particularly related to women, peace and security.
- Education: Masters/graduate degree preferable in Journalism, Communication, Advertising, or a related field with gender/politics experience; or: masters/graduate degree in women’s rights, peace, international relations, human rights, social sciences or a related field with strong communications experience.
- Experience: Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience especially in communications and project management
- Strong communication skills include: experienced in preparing and implementing communications plans and outreach strategies including using traditional and social media (press releases, blogs, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), and electronic newsletters (e.g., MailChimp);
- Strong project/event management skills: experienced in preparing and implementing project plans including travel coordination (visas, flights, hotels) and event logistics (design, coordination, promotion, reporting and follow-up)
- Related Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize tasks, work independently and as part of a team
- Strong computer skills: fluency in MS Office 365; experienced in managing or developing website CMS platforms (e.g., Drupal or Wordpress); experience with mobile applications, graphic design or video production a plus; fluency in MS Office 365; experience with Trello, Slack, and project management tools also a plus
- Ability to represent WILPF professionally
Other:Applicants for this position must possess current US work authorization valid from start date.
Consultant must possess current US work authorization valid from start date.
To be considered for the WILPF Communications Associate position, applicants should submit the following documents.
- CV or Resume, indicating education, relevant past activities and experience
- Cover Letter (1 page, single-spaced), indicating start date available
- 2 References, including names and contact information and/or a letter of recommendation from someone who can speak to your professional experience
- No phone calls please. Please e-mail [email protected] with any questions.
The deadline for application is 17 February 2019. The subject of the e-mail should be “Communications Associate Application”, and all documents should be combined into one PDF or DOCX file.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org