The GlobalConnect Division at Meridian International Center was established in 2001 to pursue new business opportunities for the organization. Most of our projects have involved the development and implementation of exchange programs for professionals and university and high school students, sponsored by US embassies around the world, USG agencies and private-sector firms. Our programs cover a wide array of issues—some recent topics include US foreign policy, youth leadership, empowering women entrepreneurs, human rights, journalism training, women as political leaders, interfaith issues and the US election process. In addition, we continually develop grant proposals (solicited and unsolicited) for government agencies and foundations for projects in the coming year.
- General Programs
- Communications and Marketing (part-time, the rest of the time can be shared with Programs)
- Nonprofit Management & Grants (part-time, the rest of the time can be shared with Programs)
- Young Leaders of the Americas Initiative (YLAI)
- Pan Africa Youth Leadership Program (PAYLP)
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing program books and other welcome materials
- Conducting research on professional resources, grant opportunities, current events
- Reconciling financial accounts; assist with grants management
- Contacting vendors for logistical arrangements
- Assisting in post-program follow-up
- Other tasks as assigned
- Working toward a bachelor’s or master’s degree focused on International Education, International Relations, nonprofit management, finance/accounting, or related field
- Familiarity and interest in youth and civic engagement
- Interest and familiarity with online research tools
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Interest in global issues and international affairs and experience working with diverse cultures and languages
- Strong organizational and writing skills
- Ability to multi-task and collaborate effectively with a team
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Computer proficiency in Windows based applications including Microsoft Word and Excel is mandatory
We are looking for an intern that will commit to at least 24-32 hours per week starting January. This internship is unpaid; however, Meridian does provide a $10/day transportation stipend. Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter noting “Spring 2019 Internship” in the subject line. Please also indicate which intern position(s) you are interested in. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org