Global Kids, Inc. is seeking a dynamic, hard-working, and creative individuals who are experienced in youth development, global education, and social action, and are interested in working in our high school programs as part of the DYC COMPASS or DOE Community School Initiatives. Multiple positions are available for immediate start.
• Coordinate, develop and co-facilitate interactive, experiential workshops and activities for GK's global education academic enrichment programs.
• Collaborate with GK staff and youth to generate new program ideas focusing on global/local issues and meeting the goals of the COMPASS or Community Schools initiatives.
• Develop relevant content and curriculum on global issues, 21st century skills and socio-emotional learning.
• Work with other staff and students to implement the annual Global Kids Youth Conference and other special projects with the United Nations, Council on Foreign Relations, etc.
• Conduct special trainings for youth and educators on occasion.
• Collect, input and review attendance, evaluation and other data related to projects and student progress.
• Maintain necessary documentation/case files, program data entry and records and provide periodic progress reports as necessary.
• Work with other staff to meet contractual goals and deliverables.
• Senior Trainers: Coach less experienced program staff in program development, facilitation, and workshop design and serve as site manager/point person for school-based programs.
• Trainer: Bachelors Degree is required.
• Senior Trainer: Master’s degree in education, international affairs, or related areas, plus several years professional experience.
• Strong understanding of wide array of NYC social service resources for youth and families.
• Experience using interactive experiential learning strategies, counseling and conflict resolution skills, and youth development/leadership strategies in culturally diverse settings with middle school and/or high school age youth.
• Senior Trainer: Experience designing and leading educational workshops that build on each other.
• Experience working in schools a plus.
• Strong interest in global issues, political science, history, and social activism.
• Excellent facilitation, consensus-building and interpersonal skills.
• Initiative, creativity, willingness to learn, and ability to juggle multiple tasks independently.
• Strong communication, writing, organizational, administrative, and computer skills.
• International experience a plus
Send a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should specify your abilities or preference to work with middle and/or high school youth. Please indicate “Trainer (or Senior Trainer)” in the subject line of the email. We are unable to accept any phone, mail, or fax inquiries; please refer to the Global Kids web site for further information, www.globalkids.org.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org