The European Youth Forum is the platform of youth organisations in Europe. We represent over 100 youth organisations, which bring together tens of millions of young people from all over Europe.
The Youth Forum works to empower young people to participate actively in society to improve their own lives by representing and advocating their needs and interests and those of their organisations. In the current uncertain political and social context that affects young people, they can be powerful catalysts for positive change and contributors of innovative solutions to Europe’s challenges.
The European Youth Forum is looking for a Communications Team Leader within the Communications & Events Department. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of the Secretary-General. The position is a short-term contract from April to end of September 2019.
- Implement the Communications Strategy with the Communication Team;
- Provide leadership, motivation, direction and support to Communications Team;
- Review and monitor communications work;
- Maintain a strategic overview of communications efforts and their contribution to the Youth Forum’s objectives.
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of the Communications Team;
- Oversee resources and budget allocation of communications efforts;
- Ensure regular and consistent communication within the team;
- Facilitate effective collaboration within the team;
- Carry out regular feedback with the team.
- Supervise and carry out the communication work of the Youth Forum with the Communications Team;
- Oversee the communications plans of the Youth Forum’s European Election 2019 campaign;
- Lead on the communication efforts around Youth Forum events;
- Coordinate the production of Youth Forum online and printed publications, with staff, volunteers and external consultants.
- Support activities for the benefit of the Youth Forum if needed and appropriate.
- Have at least 4-5 years of professional experience in strategic communication;
- A university master degree in journalism or communication is strongly desirable but can be compensated by extensive relevant NGO and/or non-formal education experience.
Team management skills
- Excellent leadership skills;
- Ability to lead and supervise a team;
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Thorough understanding of the workings of the EU institutions;
- Sociable, service oriented and at ease in a multicultural environment;
- Proactive, critical, flexible and solution oriented;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team on a common project;
- Ability to work under pressure, manage a challenging workload and tight deadlines;
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several projects simultaneously;
- Excellent time-management and organisation skills;
- Excellent written, verbal and digital communication skills;
- Advanced level in spoken and written English, knowledge of French is a strong asset and in any other EU language is appreciated;
- Computer literacy, with good working knowledge of word processing, e-mail and Internet applications.
The contract is for an fixed-term contract (April-September included) and full time (35 hours per week). The gross monthly salary (according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement currently applied at the European Youth Forum) is €3,200.
A relocation package, hospitalisation insurance and other benefits are available.
Travel expenses within the Brussels region are covered by the European Youth Forum.
Candidates to this position should be willing to travel and work flexible hours including if required occasional weekends. This position being based in Brussels candidates should be willing to relocate or live in surrounding area.