The Embassy of Switzerland in the United States of America located in Washington, D.C., is seeking a qualified candidate for a 100% permanent position as Public Diplomacy Project Manager beginning around April 1, 2019.
The project manager works in the Communications and Public Diplomacy Section, which is responsible for planning and implementing all aspects of the Embassy of Switzerland’s communications and public diplomacy outreach. The position focuses primarily on project and event management and requires excellent organizational and communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages public diplomacy projects and events in the areas of culture (Swiss cinematography, photography, performing arts), education and international law, from conceptualization to implementation and evaluation
- Manages the Embassy of Switzerland’s active participation in language promotion activities such as the Settimana della Lingua italiana nel mondo and the month-long Francophonie Festival
- Liaises with communications colleagues to accompany public diplomacy projects with an integrated communications strategy that stretches beyond the physical audience in the room
- Assists the deputy section head in managing the Soirée Suisse, the Embassy of Switzerland’s largest and longest-running annual public diplomacy event with up to 1,500 guests
- Manages the Embassy of Switzerland’s annual participation in the Embassy Adoption Program, a partnership program of D.C. Public Schools, Washington Performing Arts, and the D.C. embassy community
- Oversees the creation of the Events Calendar, the Embassy of Switzerland’s monthly event publications for both Washington D.C. and Chicago
- Manages the inventory and usage of the embassy’s internal library consisting of 700 books
Please send your résumé, a letter of interest addressing the job description above and salary expectations in PDF format no later than Sunday, February 17, 2019. In the subject line, please write your last name, first name and Public Diplomacy Project Manager to ensure timely processing of your application.
No phone calls please; only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted by late-February.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org