Carnegie Hall seeks a Government Relations Assistant to support management of relationships with elected officials and agencies at all levels of government, to raise awareness of and build support for the institution. The individual will provide administrative support to all aspects of Department’s responsibilities including: scheduling, correspondence, database management, and records administration. Typical activities include: supporting the preparation of grant applications and reports on funded activities; drafting advocacy and cultivation materials for outreach to elected officials; researching alignment of Carnegie Hall programming with government funding sources; assisting with Government and Development events.
- Prepare meeting requests, letters, acknowledgements, invitations, and other correspondence.
- Assist in preparing grant applications and reports.
- Prepare advocacy material for outreach to elected officials.
- Maintain database of school and community outreach programming.
- Manage departmental scheduling and internal meeting agendas.
- Track department’s expense and revenue budgets.
- Researching potential government funding sources.
- Manage paper and electronic filing system.
- Assist with events. Some evening and weekend hours are required, especially during the performing season.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, plan, and execute.
- Ability to work efficiently and with accuracy in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Interest in and basic understanding of government, policy analysis, social justice, advocacy, fundraising, international relations, and/or arts and culture.
- Ability to operate in a highly professional manner and serve as a steward for the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Proficiency with Tessitura and Microsoft Office a plus.
- Basic understanding of issues impacting arts and cultural sectors, especially music and the performing arts.
To apply to this role, please send a cover letter and resume. We are an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org